Eye for an Eye is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Cottonwood Cove is the Legion's primary crossing point across the Colorado River and the nexus of all Legion operations both in the Mojave Wasteland and Nevada as a whole. Espionage directed against the camp and the camp's subsequent destruction would immensely aid the New California Republic's war effort against the Legion and all but annihilate the Legion's presence west of the Colorado.
- Talk to First Sergeant Astor.
- Find general intel on Legion troop movements and Legion raids in Cottonwood Cove. This can be done through conventional means, or a truckbed atop Cottonwood Overlook can be opened with a Lockpick of 50 to release the radioactive barrels.
- Plant the NCR bug.
- Clear out the Legion from Cottonwood Cove.
- Talk to Astor about Cottonwood Cove.
- Agree to help him plant the bug and find intel on the Legion.
- Turn the bug over to Aurelius of Phoenix.
- Give the old intel to Astor.
|1|| ||Plant the NCR Bug|
|2|| ||Find Intel on Legion raids|
|3|| ||Find general intel on Legion Troop Movement|
|4|| ||(Optional) Give First Sergeant Astor the old intel. - Caesar's fame|
|5|| ||Return to First Sergeant Astor with the intel.|
|6|| ||Kill all Legionaries in Cottonwood Cove|
|7||Return to First Sergeant Astor|
- It is best to wait for all the barrels to fall into the camp before fast-traveling back to Astor talk. If you open up the truck, but fast-travel to Astor too soon, then the game doesn't realize you've killed the legionaries using the radioactive waste.
- You will incur no reputation loss for dropping the barrels on Cottonwood.
- If you tip the radioactive barrels into the cove before completing the quest Left My Heart, you will fail the quest as the Weathers family will die from radiation poisoning.
- If you decide to drop the barrels on the Legion forces at Cottonwood Cove, you will still be able to use the ferry to reach Caesar's camp. The Legion ferryman, Cursor Lucullus, will now be wearing a radiation suit and will still grant you access to The Fort.
- Completing the quest with Craig Boone as a follower will earn you history points towards triggering Boone's companion quest, I Forgot to Remember to Forget.
"Eye for an Eye" is a well known phrase dating from the times of Hammurabi. Known as Hammurabi's Code, the laws dictated an "eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth", meaning that any law broken, or anyone harmed, the perpetrator would receive the same as punishment.
- Sometimes dropping the radioactive barrels will not kill all the legionaries. They will remain standing in front of the barrels without ever succumbing to the radiation. Four legionaries line up at the base of the cliff while the barrels roll right through them. However, the objective is still marked as complete in spite of the fact that the survivors can still be killed, V.A.T.S., and otherwise interacted with.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|