As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|For an overview of Minigun models throughout the Fallout series, see Minigun.|
Image needed (Dog icon)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
This Big MT experimental weapon is controlled by a dog brain, which can help sniff out hostile personnel. When fired, its three barrels reciprocate one after the other, throwing .357 Magnum rounds downrange at a rapid speed. The gun is also fitted with a telescopic scope.
FIDO is an upgraded K9000 cyberdog gun. Unlike the the K9000 however, FIDO uses .44 Magnum rounds instead of .357 Magnum rounds, resulting in higher damage and a slightly higher spread. The brain case and the scope are red instead of blue-green and the decal is changed from a golden retriever to a bulldog. Other features of the K9000 cyberdog gun are included in FIDO.
The FIDO can fire 2495 standard rounds from full condition before breaking.
- K9000 cyberdog gun, an non-upgraded variant of FIDO.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|K9000 cyberdog gun||Machine gun||26||182||7||x0.5||13||1.35||27||.357 Magnum round||50||27||500||7500||Guns:75 Strength:8|
|FIDO||Machine gun||36||252||7||x0.5||18||1.5||28||.44 Magnum round||50||27||500||9500||Guns:75 Strength:9|
- The schematics for FIDO are located in X-8 research center, next to the terminal in the Kennels. After acquiring the schematics, take a K9000 cyberdog gun to any workbench to upgrade it into FIDO. The process requires a Guns skill of 75.
- The kennel keys are in X-13 research facility.
- The upgrade is best applied to a K9000 cyberdog gun without mods, as applying the update will eliminate all mods the gun currently has.
- K9000's mods cannot be equipped to FIDO.
- Players who only have access to one K9000 will not be able to apply mods to this weapon, making K9000 weapon mods useless.
Behind the scenes
- The name FIDO refers to the archetypical dog's name "Fido", most famously associated with the name of Abraham Lincoln's dog. It is believed that this name was derived from the Latin word "fidelis" meaning loyal or faithful.
- Terminal, Check out this mod I've been working on!
- The Courier: "This sonic gun looks like an energy projectile. Got anything that spits lead?"
Klein: "[SUCCEEDED] WHAT DID IT SAY? SPIT "LEAD?" WHAT, LIKE PENCILS?"
0: "*O... I think it wants a combustion pistol.*"
Borous: "-A GUN! Are you MAD?! We can't give it a GUN! GUNS kill, leave big open holes in you that are like sores but WORSE.-"
Dala: "Dr. 8 is correct. We already have given the teddy bear a lethal sonic death ray filled with his sonic ejaculate and sterilized by my soft WooWOOing. Giving the teddy bear a gun would be the equivalent of following a glass of hemlock with an Abraxo chaser. Delicious and redundantly deadly."
Klein: "IF WE'RE GOING TO BRING THE SOCRATIC METHOD INTO IT, FINE. GIVE THE LOBOTO-BEAR A COMBUSITON GUN. BOROUS? DON'T YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?"
Borous: "-Are you MAD?! We can't give it a GUN! GUNS...- -...wait, I said that already. Yes, I have THE Cyberdog Gun. With the little floppy metal ears and the curious nose sensor. Here.-"
Klein: "FINE. DONE. THAT GUN MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE ANYWAY, ALWAYS WORRIED ITS GOING TO HUMP MY CHASSIS. ANYTHING ELSE, LOBOTOMITE?"
(Klein's, Dala's, Borous, 0's, and 8's dialogue)