Fallon's Department Store (West Roxbury township)
Fallon's Department Store
Background[edit | edit source]
One of the largest department stores in Boston, the West Roxbury Fallon's has served a number of purposes throughout the years. From commercial sales, through survivor hideout, to super mutant stronghold in the late 23rd century.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The plaza of the departments store is adjacent to a parking structure that has been turned into a labyrinth of traps. A staircase on the northern wall of the department store has a bridge extending to the third floor of the parking structure, and also continues up to the rooftop of the store.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
The departments store opens up to a main plaza with several defunct escalators leading to different floors. Straight ahead to the west is another plaza with a fountain; what used to be a multi-tiered clothing store is on one side, the ground floor of which has a tunnel under the stairs that leads out to the rest of the plaza. The second tier of this shop has a cooking station. On the other side of the fountain is a furniture store. The departments store continues north to some more escalators, some bathrooms and an exit from the store.
Basement[edit | edit source]
The basement is what remains of the jewelery department – a mess of ruined display cases and rubble. Behind the central counter is a Master-locked safe and against the eastern wall is a chemistry station. There is also a button underneath the counter that opens a bookcase on the south side of the room, revealing the vault with six safes (four Advanced-locked and two Master-locked), where an unfortunate woman was trapped and sent out a distress signal after the Great War.
Second floor[edit | edit source]
Just above the front entrance plaza is a kitchen. With a collapsed floor impeding progress, the floor curves around to the opposite side, past some telephone stations and to a shop dedicated to bathroom furniture. Adjacent to the shop is a Novice-locked storage room containing a Protectron pod, and a novice locked terminal controlling it. The floor continues to a cafe, flanked by some bathrooms are nearby.
Third floor[edit | edit source]
Above the kitchen on the second floor is what used to be a bar, long since raided for it's liquor supplies. Next to the bar is a smoking lounge. Directly behind the lounge is an "employee's only" area with a ladder leading to the roof.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Megaton Hair addition of La Coiffe is on the center table in the smoking lounge on the third floor.
- A fusion core is in the rooftop emergency generator.
- A Stealth Boy is found in the Novice locked dressing room in the western most store on the ground floor.
- Robot model kit (eyebot) - on a shelf in the "employees only" room containing the Protectron on the second floor.
- Fallon's storage key in the toolbox in the basement jewelry department vault.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a dead peeper in the women's bathroom on the first floor.
- There is a compass glitch when inside the building. If, for example facing west when entering within power armor, upon exiting the compass will point north.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Fallon's Department Store appears only in Fallout 4.