Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout 76 apparel
|For a list of unique apparel locations in Fallout 76, see Fallout 76 unique apparel.|
|This page lists all apparel in Fallout 76.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Apparel generally follows the pattern established by Fallout 4, with both full-body outfits and segmented apparel being available. The former occupy all available slots, while the latter can be mixed and matched as needed, and are worn with an underarmor layer (eg. the Vault 76 Jumpsuit).
- The system is changed by the addition of costumes (or clothes, as the official game guide insists), which are worn over any equipped body armor, changing the cosmetic appearance of the player - but nothing else.
- Notably, since Survival elements are integrated in the game, the choice of apparel is a little more nuanced than before. Each item has a Condition rating and will eventually break if not repaired.
- Furthermore, the presence of diseases and mutations means that selecting gear is essential to avoiding catching them. Sealed headgear like gas masks or hazmat suits prevent catching airborne disease.
- Armor legendary effects.
List[edit | edit source]
Spawning[edit | edit source]
In order for armor to become available for crafting and at vendors, players need to reach a specific level. However, the system is very complex and entering areas way above the player character's level or killing enemies who are stronger than the player and completing high level quests will yield higher level armor.
The following table is a general guideline, showing where weapons and their plans/recipes can spawn (qualifying vendors, in containers, etc):
|Player level||Armor types|
|1||Wood (Light, Medium, Heavy)
Armor sets[edit | edit source]
Specialization matters a great deal when it comes to armor. The following notes apply to the top level variants of armor (heavy), but the general pattern also applies to lower grades.
- Metal and raider armor offer the greatest ballistic protection, along with the lowest energy resistance, 5 to 1 and 2.5 to 1 respectively at top level. In absolute terms, it's 223/46 and 182/76 respectively.
- Leather armor offers the greatest energy resistance, 2 to 1, or 264/116.
- Combat and scout armor (Enclave) offer balanced protection against both, but they offer lower maximums than either of the specialized types of armor: 141/120 and 160/120 respectively, which corresponds to some 100-140 less than the specialized variants.
- Trapper, robot, and Marine armor offer greatly reduced maximum protection 74/54/88, 110/110/75, and 122/75/19 respectively, but offer radiation resistance instead.
|Name||Class||Full set resistance|
|Forest scout armor||Medium||-||134||160||-||101||120||-|
|Urban scout armor|
|Sturdy leather armor||Medium||13||20||31||45||60||74||89||29||48||76||107||141||172||203||-|
|Sturdy combat armor||Medium||-||53||77||92||107||-||53||77||92||107||-|
|Sturdy metal armor||Medium||-||70||96||127||151||171||-||12||19||25||31||37||-|
|Sturdy raider armor||Medium||-||41||64||90||116||142||-||18||28||35||51||59||-|
|Sturdy robot armor||Medium||-||31||44||67||74||84||-||31||44||67||74||84||-||27||37||47||61||67|
|Heavy leather armor||Heavy||19||27||43||61||81||100||116||41||62||97||138||182||223||264||-|
|Heavy combat armor||Heavy||-||71||99||120||141||-||71||99||120||141||-|
|Heavy metal armor||Heavy||-||90||122||164||200||223||-||16||23||34||40||46||-|
|Heavy raider armor||Heavy||-||53||84||116||149||182||-||24||35||46||63||76||-|
|Heavy robot armor||Heavy||-||42||56||75||94||110||-||42||56||75||94||110||-||35||45||55||65||75|
Underarmors[edit | edit source]
Underarmors are worn beneath equipped armor sets.
- Flannel Shirt and Jeans
- Undershirt & Jeans
- Military Fatgiues
- Marine Wetsuit
- Vault 76 Jumpsuit
Hazmat suits[edit | edit source]
Hazmat suits do not have any meaningful resistances, except for conferring a total (or near-total in the case of the damaged suit) ability to resist radiation.
Protective headgear[edit | edit source]
Outfits[edit | edit source]
Outfits refers to a broad category of items worn over equipped armor, serving, effectively, as costumes. Unlike previous games, their function is cosmetic only - headgear and body outfits both
Headgear[edit | edit source]
Headgear refers to a broad category of items which collect worn over equipped armor, serving, effectively, as costumes. Unlike previous games, their function is cosmetic only Headgear Plans: Commonly part of a matching set that is located in multiple randomly spawned locations.
- Halloween Skull Mask
- Halloween Witch Hat
Costumes[edit | edit source]
- Halloween Skull Costume
- Halloween Witch Costume