Fallout 76 quests
|This page lists all quests in Fallout 76.|
- 1 General information
- 2 Main quests
- 3 Side quests
- 4 Events
- 5 Daily quests
- 6 Repeatable quests
- 7 Drops
- 8 Miscellaneous quests
All quests are represented on the Pip-Boy 2000 Mk VI by a brief animation and visible in the upper right of the screen at all times. Due to the Creation Engine, multiple quests can be marked active at the same time and followed on the world map. Due to the emphasis on robotic NPCs and holotapes, the quests themselves rely on exploration, hacking, and completing mission objectives, rather than interaction with humanoid non-player characters.
- Reclamation Day (Vault 76): The character generation quest, culminating in exiting the Vault.
- First Contact: Finding humans in Appalachia is a challenge. The town of Flatwoods is a good first stop.
- Thirst Things First: To join the Responders, the dwellers need to figure out how to survive in Appalachia using Responders' automated courses.
- Second Helpings: This includes learning how to live off the land.
- Final Departure: What happened to the Responders? The Morgantown Airport may hold the answers.
- An Ounce of Prevention: The scorched plague has swept Appalachia, leaving a deadly harvest. Vault 76 dwellers can finish Responder research and create an inoculation.
- Into the Fire: The inoculation was meant for the Fire Breathers, but alas, came too late. The Dwellers pick up the mantle.
- The Missing Link: Hank Madigan, lieutenant of the Fire Breathers, had a plan. Figuring out what it is is the hard part, due to raider remnants.
These quests focus on the raiders and the Savage Divide
- Signal Strength: Before she lets the dwellers find Madigan, the last raider leader by the name of Rose demands they go jump through a number of hoops to earn her trust.
- Flavors of Mayhem: And help her with research, even after Madigan is found.
- Key to the Past: Completing Madigan's mission requires unearthing the keys to the raiders' storage vault at Pleasant Valley.
- Early Warnings: Help Abbie Singh posthumously create the upgrades needed to complete the Scorched Detectors, finishing Madigan's original mission.
- Reassembly Required: The SDS requires more than just goodwill to operate. It needs upgrades.
- Coming to Fruition: The final step means connecting the system together and flipping the switch.
- Defiance Has Fallen: First, the dwellers need to find the headquarters of the Brotherhood in order to learn about their war against the scorchbeasts.
- Recruitment Blues: Of course, to actually learn the truth, the dwellers need to complete the arduous registration process.
- Back to Basic: Which includes earning their stripes as a United States soldier.
- Belly of the Beast: Paladin Taggerty knows the secret to dealing with the scorchbeasts. Now it's a matter of tracking her down. Unfortunately, she perished in a last-ditch operation against them.
The following quests are the endgame, introducing the Enclave and the only means through which the scorchbeasts can be contained
- Uncle Sam: Senator Sam Blackwell was tied to the atomic energy committee and is the only lead to finding a way to harness Appalachia's atomic arsenal against the scorchbeasts.
- Bunker Buster: Sam Blackwell retreated to his bunker after threats were made against his family. However, he is the only known means of accessing the nuclear command center in Appalachia.
- One of Us: After acquiring Blackwell's keycard, the dwellers find themselves in the Congressional Bunker beneath the Whitespring Resort and are invited to join the Enclave. However, this requires jumping through several hoops...
- Officer on Deck: After joining the Enclave and gaining access to most of the facility, the dwellers need to become general officers. This is not as complicated as it seems, but far from easy.
- I Am Become Death: As generals of the Enclave, the dwellers now only have to gather the silo codes and nuclear keycards to launch the nukes on the scorchbeasts.
- Mission: Countdown: But to launch the nukes, they also need to navigate the treacherous missile silos.
- Death from Above: And then watch the nuclear devastation touch down in Appalachia.
- An Organic Solution (The Mire): Finish up Abigayle Singh's research to create RadShield.
- Bureau of Tourism (Grafton): Enhance Grafton's tourist appeal. Make it the jewel of the Toxic Valley!
- Cold Case (Toxic Valley): Find out what happened to Freddy Wood
- Mayor for a Day (Watoga): Figure out what happened at AMS' robotic city and stop the robots from attacking.
- Miner Miracles (Garrahan Mining Headquarters): Learn about Garrahan's mining revolution!
- Overseer's Mission (multiple): Find out about the Overseer's journey through Appalachia.
- Personal Matters (multiple): Learn something more about the Overseer as a person.
- Safe for Work (Morgantown Airport): Undergo Responder advanced training... Or what's left of it.
- Tentative Plans (Morgantown Airport): Learn how to C.A.M.P.
- The Motherlode (Hornwright Industrial Headquarters): Meet Daniel Hornwright's magnum opus.
- Tracking Unknowns (The Mire): Locate a long-lost Harpers Ferry hunting party.
Mistress of Mystery quests
- Into the Mystery: What is the Order of Mysteries?
- Initiate of Mysteries: Taking the first steps in the Order.
- Novice of Mysteries: Forging the Mistress' arsenal.
- Seeker of Mysteries: Learn how the Order was wiped out.
- The Mistress of Mystery: And become the last Mistress.
Events occur regularly across the map at specific locations and offer high rewards for multiple players. Once an event is completed, there's a 72 minute (1 hour 12 minutes) cooldown before it becomes active again.
- Back on the Beat (Morgantown): Protect Steelheart as he makes the rounds to gain access to Responder caches.
- Collision Course (Morgantown Airport): Clear out the scorched to receive a cargobot supply bot.
- Death Blossoms: Protect the blooming corpse flowers to gain a bounty of seeds.
- Fasnacht Parade: Experience Fasnacht Day to its fullest and participate in the parade while also keeping trouble makers away. Only available seasonally.
- Feed the People (Mama Dolce's Food Processing): Activate the processing machines to gain processed food.
- Fertile Soil (Vault-Tec Agricultural Research Center): Reset the Mr Farmhands gone wild.
- Leader of the Pack: Hunt down the alpha wolf.
- Project Beanstalk (Silva Homestead): Protect Arktos' pharmabot as it makes the rounds.
- The Path to Enlightenment (Landview Lighthouse): Summon the wise mothman!
- Tea Time (The Giant Teapot): Help Sweetwater make tea. Rewards the unique Sweetwater consumable.
- Dogwood Die Off: Save the bleach dogwood from extinction.
- Grafton Day (Grafton): Destroy the Grafton Monster invited by the Mayor for a parade.
- Jail Break (Eastern Regional Penitentiary): Defend the prison from waves of attackers bent on releasing Mad Dog Malone.
- Manhunt (Grafton Dam): Hunt down Mad Dog Malone!
- Protest March (Grafton): Help deal with a rabble-rousing crowd of protesters.
- Patrol Duty (Eastern Regional Penitentiary): Protect a patrol bot as it does the rounds.
- Swarm of Suitors (Grafton Lake): Mirelurks are spawning. Potential guaranteed encounter with a mirelurk queen.
- Distinguished Guests: Help set the table for a Halloween event!
- Guided Meditation (Palace of the Winding Path): Find inner peace by defending four speakers from hordes of enemies. Wait.
- One Violent Night (Sons of Dane Compound): Guaranteed encounter with the nightstalker wendigo and chance for a nailer sword.
- Uranium Fever (Blackwater Mine): Defend the extractors from mole miners for nuclear material (and potential black titanium from mole miner equipment).
The Ash Heap
- Battle Bot: Disable a Hornwright security bot to gain access to its cache of materials.
- Breach and Clear: Clear a work site for the Motherlode and gain ample rewards!
- Lode Baring (Abandoned mine site Kittery): Protect the Auto-Miner.
- Heart of the Swamp: Destroy the strangler heart to prevent its infestation from spreading.
- Irrational Fear: Protect the Mr Handy as it gathers honey for its project.
- AWOL Armaments (RobCo Research Center): Recall battle robots for a pitched battle.
- Census Violence: Correct a census gone wrong by killing the non-humans counter.
- Line in the Sand (Fort Defiance): Defend the ASAM battery and kill the scorched!
- Scorched Earth (Fissure Site Prime): The ultimate challenge: Face the scorchbeast queen and prevail!
- Surface to Air (any Brotherhood ASAM station): Defend the ASAM from destruction by the scorched or their masters.
- Distant Thunder: Wipe out a scorched swarm using Defiance artillery.
- Always Vigilant: The Scorched Detection System requires repairs. Players must have completed Coming to Fruition.
- It's a Trap: One of the lures in the Mire has attracted a scorchbeast. It's a guaranteed confrontation.
- Powering Up Poseidon, Powering Up Monongah, Powering Up Thunder Mountain: Activate one of the three power plants to restore power to the region, gain plans for generators, and a free power box at select locations.
- The Messenger: Protect a messenger to gain special rewards.
- A Real Blast: MODUS would like to introduce the vermin of Appalachia to the wonders of orbital bombardment.
- Bots on Parade: MODUS would like to perform a surface patrol. The lobotomized AI yearns for seeing the world first-sensor.
- Dropped Connection: MODUS wants to perform a scan, and requires aid in setting the uplinks up.
Daily quests can only be completed once per day. All give higher rewards than events.
- Ecological Balance (Tygart Water Treatment): Complete periodic air, water, and soil quality checkups.
- Heart of the Enemy (Vault-Tec University): Study the scorchbeasts using leftover Brotherhood gear. Chance for a Gatling Laser drop.
- The Bell Tolls (Charleston): A special swarm of molerats
- Big Game Hunter (Black Bear Lodge): Hunt down three creatures for the Hunter perk.
- Buried with Honor (Prickett's Fort): Bury a Civil War casualty in return for black powder and assorted items.
- Pass the Buck (Hemlock Holes): Clean up the lake in return for nuclear material.
- Target Rich Environment (Clarksburg Shooting Club): Replace paper targets at the shooting range.
- Thrill of the Grill (Hemlock Holes): Gather food for the grill to earn high level cooking recipes.
- Someone To Talk To (Monongah): Continue a rather interesting avenue of research, making animals speak for themselves.
- Trick or Treat (Pumpkin House): Deliver ten pumpkins to gain pumpkin grenades and their recipe.
The Ash Heap
- Mistaken Identity (Camden Park): Be an employee for a day (note, this daily is tied to three other quests: Dross Toss, Lucky Mucker, and The Chow Line).
- Idle Explosives (Southern Belle Motel): Recover inert explosives for a damaged bomb disposal Protectron. Yields aluminum and adhesive.
- Play Time (Berkeley Springs): Ever wanted to feel like a kid again? This is the chance. Also provides the Pyrolyzer unique flamer.
- Queen of the Hunt (Hunter's Shack): Track down a cryptid for the same perk.
- Waste Not (Red Rocket Mega Stop): "Recycle" stray Red Rocket Protectrons.
Repeatable quests are triggered by completing specific requirements. They are similar to events, but aren't automatically triggered and unlike dailies, they can be completed repeatedly.
The Ash Heap
- Forbidden Knowledge: Seal away technical documentation at a Brotherhood stronghold. Requires completing Defiance Has Fallen.
Quests in this category are the result of finding an item on enemies or the purchase of a certain item. These are random are usually tied to a random location as well.
- Request Government Air Drop: An NCRA holotape allows for calling down an automated supply drop.
The Ash Heap
- Lost and Found: Find the belongings of a long-dead miner.
- Lucky Strike: Find the prospecting site and dig up ore.
Everything that doesn't fit above.