Fallout 2 primary statistics
|This page lists all primary statistics in Fallout 2.|
The minimum for each primary statistic is 1 and the maximum is 10. These boundaries can never be broken, even with bonuses or maluses. Each statistic directly modifies certain derived statistics. In addition, every skill is tied to a primary statistic. Some perks require certain minimum attribute values as well.
You get 40 points to distribute among the 7 statistics when creating a character (not taking traits into account).
|Primary statistic||Description||Derived statistics and effects||Associated skills|
|Strength||Raw physical strength.||Carry Weight
Thrown weapons range modifier
|Melee Weapons, Unarmed|
|Perception||The ability to see, hear and taste and notice unusual things.||Dialogue options
Distance from enemies in random encounters
Ranged combat distance modifiers
|Doctor, First Aid, Lockpick, Traps|
|Endurance||Stamina and physical toughness.||Healing Rate
|Charisma||A combination of appearance and charm.||Non-player character reactions
|Intelligence||Knowledge, wisdom and the ability to think quickly.||Dialogue options
skill points per level
|Doctor, First Aid, Outdoorsman, Repair, Science|
|Agility||Coordination and the ability to move well.||Action Points
|Big Guns, Energy Weapons, Lockpick, Melee Weapons, Small Guns, Sneak, Steal, Throwing, Traps, Unarmed|
|Luck||Fate, Karma.||Chances with the virtual dice of the game
The player can increase their attributes in several ways:
- The Gifted trait gives +1 to each statistic at a negligible penalty to skills and skill point gain.
- Gain perks allow for receiving a +1 bonus to each statistic (exchanging a total of 21 levels for the equivalent of Gifted).
- San Francisco bunker allows the player to increase Strength, Perception, Charisma and Intelligence by 1 with the right memory modules:
- The Enlightened One's zeta scan can randomly provide +1, +2, or -1 to Luck.
- AHS-7's zeta scan can randomly provide +1 to Intelligence, Luck, or -1 to Luck.
In summary, non-Gifted and non-perk methods of increasing stats can give a theoretical total of 6 bonus SPECIAL points. Gifted gives a total of 13 bonus points and all perks 20.
Items also provide temporary bonuses until removed.