Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout Shelter resources
Resources are a core gameplay component of Fallout Shelter. Managing them properly is essential to maintaining the well-being of a Vault.
Primary resources[edit | edit source]
There are three basic resources in the game:
- Power: Used to operate rooms. Not enough of it and they will start shutting down.
- Water: Used by Vault dwellers. Causes a reduction in maximum health and happiness when below required levels.
- Food: Used by Vault dwellers. Causes a reduction in health and happiness when below required levels.
All three basic resources are depleted at a constant rate and replenished by completing a production cycle in the appropriate rooms.
They continue to be depleted for a short time after turning the game off. To prevent problems with your dwellers, keep a surplus of all three when turning Shelter off.
Production[edit | edit source]
The speed at which these resources are produced is determined by the sum of the SPECIAL attributes of all the dwellers assigned to the room.
|Production efficiency (based on Reddit research)|
|Time reduction (base time divisor)||0||0.5||0.667||0.75||0.8||0.833||0.857||0.875||0.889||0.9||0.95||0.967||0.975||0.98||0.983|
As can be seen, the biggest reduction is achieved when the total sum of SPECIAL in a given room is 20, with increasingly diminishing returns as the score increases. As such, aim for having 20 SPECIAL at minimum in any given room.
Secondary resources[edit | edit source]
- Caps: The currency of the wasteland, used to build rooms within the Vault.
- Vault dwellers: A slowly renewable resource used to keep the Vault operational and generate primary resources.
- Stimpaks: Healing medicine to keep your Vault dwellers in healthy and tiptop shape.
- RadAway: Radiation treatment medicine to keep your Vault Dwellers radiation free.