Finding the Garden of Eden
Finding the Garden of Eden
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Go through the Vault 87 living quarters and test labs.
- (Optional) Free Fawkes from his cell.
- Retrieve a G.E.C.K. from Vault 87.
- The Lone Wanderer can attempt to get it themselves, but there is a significant amount of radiation in the chamber.
- Fawkes can be asked to retrieve the G.E.C.K. himself.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you are accompanied by a companion, they will not be with you after you have been incapacitated by the Enclave. They will return to their respective place of origin.
- The device used by the Enclave to incapacitate the player has the appearance of a standard frag grenade with a blue glow to it. A frag grenade looks very little like an actual flash bang grenade, suggesting that it was not intended to be the latter, but rather some other type of device. According to Three Dog, the Lone Wanderer was "encased in a block of ice". This grenade could be a reference to the cut "cryo grenade" seen in the limited concept art book. The cryo grenade was then introduced in the Mothership Zeta add-on.
- If you choose not to free Fawkes and retrieve the G.E.C.K. yourself, after completing the quest The American Dream, you can return to Vault 87 and he will still be imprisoned. If you talk to him, he will speak with you as if you chose him as your companion, even though you never did so. Your dialog option will also allude to him having a Gatling laser, though if you kill and loot him he will just have 2 copies of Fawkes' super sledge.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name of the quest is possibly a play on words: not only the player searches for the Garden of Eden Creation Kit, but the quest also ends in finding the residence ("garden") of Enclave President Eden.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you choose to activate the G.E.C.K. rather than taking it, the pulse that emits from it will, rather than killing you, stun you indefinitely, leaving you to die slowly from radiation poison (unless your unconscious body lands in a non-radiated space, in which you will remain lying on the floor forever).
- For some reason you may be able to hear Dogmeat's panting during the cutscene.
- It is possible when exploring Little Lamplight prior to initiating this quest that the Reactor Chamber door which is normally locked will be unlocked. This allows the person to explore Vault 87 and even acquire the G.E.C.K. (or two), Fawkes, and the Enclave ambush. Quest completion and achievement follow suit.
- If you agree to rescue Fawkes, and yet leave him within his cell and obtain the GECK yourself, the game checks the objective "Optional: Rescue Fawkes" as complete, even though you end up going to Raven Rock while he is contained.