In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For the Fallout 76 weapon, see Fire axe (Fallout 76).|
Once used to hack through burning buildings, the fire axe has since been adapted to hack through people and wasteland critters. It has a moderately high damage, but its selling point is an extended attack range, which allows the player to hit targets farther away than normally permitted.
While using V.A.T.S., a special attack named 'Mauler', which does 50% damage (requires a Melee skill of 50) can knock enemies down, but costs 27 action points. 'Mauler' will sometimes knock a weapon out of an enemies hand instead of knocking them down. If you dismember an opponent, the fire axe will have a blood stain on the blade, which will disappear in a matter of seconds.
- Knock-Knock, a unique variant that benefits from more damage and faster rate of attack.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Fire axe||55||82.5||1.5||x1||27||22||8||200||2500||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:5|
|Knock-Knock||66||125.1||1.9||x1||33||21||8||110||3200||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:5|
- Two can be found on the first floor of the Fire Department building in Camp Searchlight.
- Two can be found on legionaries at the entrance of the Legate's camp.
- One can be found next to the dead prospector in the sealed sewers.
- One to three can be found in the tribal village, northwest of Goodsprings Cemetery.
- Can be found on the corpses of White Legs bone-breakers in Zion Canyon.
- Due to its early availability at the tribal village, the axe's special move can allow the Courier to complete knock down challenges much sooner in the game than other methods. The others are the Ranger Takedown, brahmin tipping, Knock-Knock (Mauler), Super Slam! and the companion Rex.
- This weapon cannot be repaired with pool cues.
- While in Zion, the white legs carrying one will die and the axe will be stuck in mid-air.