|For an overview of Molotov cocktails throughout the Fallout series, see Molotov cocktail.|
A simple, inexpensive explosive, the fire bomb is simply a Molotov cocktail crafted out of an empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle, liquid flamethrower fuel, with a makeshift cloth fuse inserted into the neck of the bottle.
A low yield incendiary weapon, the fire bomb has a small blast radius (3 yards or 2.74 meters) and deals a small amount of explosive damage, while also setting the target on fire.
Notably, the fire bomb has a 1.5 second fuse, rather than exploding on impact.
- Joshua Graham
- Gun Runners: Vendortron (after completing the add-on)
- Goodsprings: Chet
- 188 Trading Post: Michelle Kerr
- 188 Trading Post: Alexander
- Non-player characters
Behind the scenes
- As the fire bomb uses the dynamite animation set, the model of the weapon isn't an exact match for the world model of Sarsaparilla bottles, including the dimensions and texture.
- The fire bomb will work for assassinating characters by planting it in their pocket, except instead of exploding, it will set them on fire.
- JSawyer.esp by Joshua Sawyer properly sets up the fire bomb to detonate on impact and adds a crafting recipe for them (1 Sunset Sarsaparilla Bottle and 175 flamer fuel).
- energy resistance instead of fire resistance. The fire bomb's damage is affected by
- Critical kills with the fire bomb will cause plasma gooification deaths.