Flags of Our Foul-Ups is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
9th Platoon, better known as The Misfits, have an undesirable reputation (hence their nickname), and Sergeant McCredie wants them whipped into shape.
- Speak to Sergeant McCredie at Camp Golf.
- Speak to the members of the Misfits (Mags, O'Hanrahan, Poindexter and Razz) in their tent, listen to their suggestions and follow through with one.
- O'Hanrahan suggests focusing on teamwork and strengthening the platoon's relationships: a Speech of 40 is required to convince the other three to follow O'Hanrahan's advice.
- Mags suggests focusing on combat training: a Guns and Explosives skill of 45 is required to pass the platoon through the training exercises.
- Poindexter suggests cheating the system: accessing a terminal in the House Lodge will allow the alteration of the platoon's progress reports. One is out in the open and must be accessed with no one looking, while another is in a secluded office, but requires a Science of 75.
- Razz suggests loading the platoon up on "angry juice" which can be obtained from Jack at Red Rock Canyon who gives the Courier a suspicious package.
|1|| ||Talk to the Misfits about improving their squad.|
|2|| ||Help the Misfits improve their shooting skills.|
|3|| ||Convince Mags to respect the squad and work with them.|
|4|| ||Convince Razz to respect the squad and work with them.|
|5|| ||Convince Poindexter to respect the squad and work with them.|
|6||Return to O'Hanrahan.|
|7|| ||Fake the Misfits' readiness reports.|
|8|| ||Get drugs from Jack at Red Rock Canyon.|
- It's worth noting that the new dialogue options are buried in conversation paths that you've already taken. You will have to repeat some dialogue with Poindexter, Mags, and Razz in order to obtain the new speech options.
- The speech check is after you ask them about their squad-mates - which is always the second line in the dialogue choice box.
- Once you start a quest arc, you cannot pick up another; i.e. if you start with Mags and do not have the skill, you cannot pick up the quest arc with Poindexter. You may still convince the others to work together however.
- After the quest is completed, Mr. New Vegas may be heard talking on the radio about how a "young band of soldiers shattered NCR records on a combat readiness assessment at Camp Golf." This could be none other than the Misfits finally working together.
- There's a cut terminal that would've allowed the player to take another path of deleting the mission orders for the Misfits. While this would at first seem like a good way to get them out of work, it would then lead to them being assigned to a suicide mission.
Mags may become unresponsive at the gun range. Simply push her out of place and let her return to her position to talk to her. This may also be caused by some of the squad getting stuck in place and not lining up. Loading an autosave gets them moving and you can talk to Mags when everyone is lined up.
- No Not Much, then finish No Not Much first, as the Misfits are no longer there to line up.
It's impossible to finish this quest if you've started it before
- Mags and agree to assist with grenade training. Sometimes, the Misfits will cluster together too closely when training together at the firearms range, causing them to kill each other. This is especially dangerous once you speak with
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|