In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Flare gun (Lonesome Road)
View of a flare cartridge that gets loaded into the gun
The Mod 00 is a short-barreled, breech-loading signal pistol, which can also be used as a weapon, manufactured by SAMT-Torino since World War II. It launches its projectile in an arc, and can be used for long-range indirect fire when aimed outside of V.A.T.S. After damage caused by the initial hit, affected targets will take additional fire damage for a short time. A significant aspect of this weapon is its ammunition capacity; thought it holds ten flamer fuel, the flare gun fire all ten units at once.
The flare gun also has the ability to frighten abomination-type creatures. Whilst on fire, they will attempt to flee from the player, but will resume their normal behavior once extinguished. Note also that a fleeing creature may run right at and past the player if there is no other line of escape, but will not attack while on fire. Abominations frightened by the effects of the flare gun include deathclaws, centaurs, nightstalkers, and tunnelers.
The flare gun is an improved holdout weapon.
- Can be found on various marked men around the Divide.
- In emergency kits scattered about the Divide.
- In the Municipal sewers next to a broken eyebot on the way to the Third Street Municipal building
- Although classed as abominations, fire geckos are unaffected.
Behind the scenes
- The object effect is named "Burninate All the Peoples", a reference to Strong Bad's Trogdor song in Homestar Runner as well as the "X ALL the Y" internet meme.
- A flare gun is a real tool used in many careers, such as the police career, and in some military installations. It is used mostly as a warning sign, or a sign for help, despite its in-game use as a weapon.
- Name printed on the side of the weapon, above the trigger