Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Follower's outpost is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. Located north-west of 188 Trading Post, south-east of the Grub n' Gulp Rest Stop, at the end of a small road branching off from Highway 95.
Background[edit | edit source]
An old train junction and signal box is the location for a Followers of the Apocalypse outpost. It's a where prospectors can come and get treated for their ailments, and where local Followers to pick up assignments and check in. As such their main priorities are taking care of logistics and coordinating with other checkpoints over the radio.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Curiously, the outpost is much larger on the inside than it is on the outside, over twice the size. The outpost is a relatively small area, only containing a broken terminal at Doctor Alvarez's desk, three unusable beds, some coffee mugs and a radio.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
† Deceased, and only appears as part of the side quest I Could Make You Care.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The only purpose to this location serves to complete the quest I Could Make You Care if the player chose a certain path. Non-player characters will not initiate conversation other than commenting.
- One of the followers guards is a ghoul, though curiously he does not have the distinct gravely voice common amongst almost all other intelligent ghouls.
- Depending on what path you take during the I Could Make You Care quest, 4 Brotherhood of Steel Paladins will massacre the outpost.
- There is a hollowed-out rock at the base of the station, as seen in the picture.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Follower's outpost appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.365: "[3.21] Follower's Outpost
An old train junction and signal box is the location for the Followers' outpost, where Prospector can come and get treated for their ailments. Note the Hollowed-Out Rock at the base of the signal box. Climb up to the balcony above, and enter the wooden tower. Sitting behind her desk is Doctor Alvarez, who runs the place Doctor Schiller (who is out making the rounds) as well as her fellow practitioners and guards."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- The Courier: "What do you do here?"
Alvarez: "This is just a site for local Followers to pick up assignments and check in. So most of the time we're just taking care of logistics and coordinating with other checkpoints over the radio."