To meet The Vault'
s quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving
Following in His Footsteps is a main quest in Fallout 3 as well as an achievement/trophy.
After investigating the whereabouts of their father in the nearby town of Megaton, the Lone Wanderer seeks him deeper in the ruins of Washington, D.C..
- Investigate Megaton for any leads on James' whereabouts.
- Find out where James is from Colin Moriarty.
- Moriarty will give up the information following either a successful Speech check, payment of 100 bottle cap (or 300 if initially refused payment), or by getting Moriarty his caps back from Silver in Springvale.
- Alternatively, information on James can be found on Moriarty's terminal in the backroom of his saloon.
- Travel to Chevy Chase via Farragut West metro station.
- Fight through the super mutants to get to the GNR building plaza.
- Talk to Three Dog about James' whereabouts.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault
by writing it
- If the player speaks to Dr. Li, enters the Jefferson Memorial, or rescues James before visiting Galaxy News Radio, the Lyon's Pride will not spawn in Chevy Chase, therefore the Lone Wanderer must fight the many super mutants on their own. The Brotherhood of Steel knights still guard the GNR building but the Fat Man wielding brother will not spawn, and therefore the 8 mini nukes are unavailable as well.
- In his GNR broadcast, Three Dog will explicitly mention James' arrival at GNR before the player has learned this from Moriarty. However, learning about this from the radio is not sufficient to advance that portion of the quest and will not mark Galaxy News Radio on the map.
- Sentinel Lyons, she will repeat her dialogue "You can tag along with us as far as GNR." A similar glitch occurs when, even after defeating the behemoth, the doors to GNR remain locked, even though the BoS soldiers enter it.
There is an occasional glitch where the super mutant behemoth will not be triggered to appear. GNR doors' will stay closed forever, and the BoS soldiers will reach the fountain and then wander around the plaza aimlessly. If you speak to
It is possible that, after entering GNR and leaving right away, the generic paladins will become hostile and attack you, if you kill any of them the others (Lyons, Vargas, etc.) will also attack and you will receive bad karma. The behemoth sometimes appears in the wrong spot, and can easily be defeated as it cannot move. GNR's doors will still open. Instead of a destroyed bus, it will spawn on a small hill near the doors.