They can be found almost anywhere. They are silver in color and mostly hold bottle caps, ammunition and sometimes armor, clothing, and Stealth Boys. Unless found in a settlement or building, they are usually not locked. The lock difficulties on footlockers can range anywhere from very easy to very hard. Just like any other lock, it is possible to break the lock while attempting a force lock, thus keeping you from the contents unless using the Infiltrator perk. They can also be found in safehouses. Most of them can be safe to store things in it.
- Footlocker (the safe at the gate to The Pitt: Requires Key)
- Private Crenshaw's Footlocker
- Military Footlocker
- Personal Footlocker
- Knight Lucia's Footlocker (Expert)
- Initiate Clarke's Footlocker (Novice)
- Clark's stash (unknown lock)
Personal footlockers can be found in the same places as regular footlockers. Most the time (but not always) footlockers are named "personal" because it contains special loot, or belongs to a special non-player character.
Fallout 3 locations
- One can be found under a buoy northwest of SSN-37-1A in Point Lookout containing minor loot.
- One can be found (locked) in Fort Bannister in the lower part of where Commander Jabsco is. It is hidden behind a makeshift wall.
- One can be found north of VAPL-58 power station in a makeshift pylon shack along with a mini nuke and a Keller family transcript.
- During the player's quest to Point Lookout, a footlocker under your bed on the Duchess Gambit is used to carry loot to and from Point Lookout.
- Two can be found east of the Citadel on a dock.
- Many are located in the Citadel, in the barracks.
- One can be found in a house in Springvale on the right when you first exit the vault it contains random loot.
Fallout: New Vegas locations
- A Very Hard-locked footlocker (gun case variant) containing the Gobi Campaign scout rifle can be found at Sniper's nest.
- A Very Hard-locked footlocker containing the Pulse gun can be found in the Vault 34 armory.