Cleanup (tried to spit faction and generic background)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
The Forged are similar to raiders, set apart only by their small numbers and fanatical obsession with the destructive power of fire. They can be found mainly in and around Saugus Ironworks, their home and base of operations, and they'll attack any and all trespassers on sight.
Although the gang itself (its leader Slag and initial members) came from outside the Commonwealth, the majority of its members were recruited from local raider gangs. Initial recruiting was slow, with many recruits failing the gruesome initiation rituals. However once they killed many of the notorious Gunners from the neighboring Hub City Auto Wreckers during battle word spread along with the number of recruits.
The Forged are cruel and sadistic, showing no mercy to outsiders or even their fellow Forged. New recruits must pass several trials to prove their worth before becoming one of the Forged. No details about what these trials consist of can be found, only that they are extremely brutal, with failure ending in death. Once initiates pass these trials, they must change their name to a "tougher" nickname, typically one that invokes fire and machinery. One Saugus Ironworks terminal lists a number of members who failed the Forged in the past with names such as "Hood," "Rampart" and "Viper" (one former member, Yancey, was killed for refusing to change their name). The Forged have little tolerance for failure or disobedience, with punishments ranging from banishment, to having one's family slaughtered in front of them or being fed molten iron. The most common punishment is being fed to "The Forge," an enormous crucible filled with molten metal which the Forged seem to revere as a sort of idol or deity.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Out of the Fire, they guard the facility were Jake Finch is located.
- Here There Be Monsters, they guard the facility were the dampening coil is located.
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Forged appear only in Fallout 4.
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Slag's Terminal, Progress
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Arsenic
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Chamber
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Damage
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Duke
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Hood
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Havoc
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Rampart
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Rife
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Riptide
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Viper
- Saugus Ironworks terminals; Terminal, Yancey
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help The Vault by expanding it.