Forum:Moderator request - Brantmeierz
Hello editors of The Vault!
I would assume that anyone reading this has seen me around the wiki (or at least I should hope so, making this request), and with the imminent release of Far Harbor (and the likely subsequent rise in first-time editors) I've decided to try for the position of moderator. I am very often on The Vault, whether editing or viewing, and as it stands now I check Special:RecentChanges often for potential vandalism and to ensure constructive changes by unregistered editors. Having found and addressed a few instances of vandalism already, moderator user rights would speed up the process and prevent another user with patrolling rights from having to review the edits a second time. Unpatrolled constructive edits that I've checked already wouldn't need to be reviewed again either, as is the case now.
As for my contributions thus far I enjoy working on lore-related pages, adding references (from terminal entries, holotapes, and dialogue) to pages that don't have any, and working on Navbox templates for locations or factions that don't have one. From a technical standpoint I am well versed in Mediawiki formatting and I've gotten a pretty solid understanding of the formatting conventions and practices specific to The Vault (things like page layout, infobox use, navboxes, references, etc.).
If you've stopped by to read my request, please leave your vote in the section below, and thank you for your time and consideration!
Edit 5/25/2016: The week voting period has ended, and I've since passed the 2 month mark as well. Is there anything I should do to finalize/close this request, or is that all? Brantmeierz (talk) 00:52, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
- Kastera (talk) 18:48, 15 May 2016 (UTC) --
- Tagaziel (talk) 19:06, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- -- You like to talk to me? -- cCContributions -- 19:14, 15 May 2016 (UTC) --
- Ant2242 (talk) 22:43, 15 May 2016 (UTC) --
- -- GarouxBloodline 02:54, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
- Hell, I'd support you for admin right now; you're already well beyond the 1000 edit mark, and it's only another week until you've been active here for two months. It's great to have some versed with the GECK and Mediawiki among us! --Kastera (talk) 18:48, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- Absolutely. I'd fast-track you for admin already, to be honest. Tagaziel (talk) 19:06, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- As the "youngest" (in means of seniority) mod and sysop I accompany my fellow campaigners. -- -- You like to talk to me? -- cCContributions -- 19:14, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- A fifth vote for Admin!--Ant2242 (talk) 22:43, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- I do not even feel like justifying my vote. Also, if you should change this from a moderator vote to a sysop vote, we shall not mind tooooooooo much. ;D GarouxBloodline 02:53, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
- Everything had already been finalized - but I will go ahead and personally congratulate you! Also, as you might have noticed by now, you have been given sysop tools. It was decided to just go ahead and skip the moderator step, as you have shown nothing but professionalism.