As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Frag grenade (Fallout)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
|For an overview of grenade models used throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade.|
A generic fragmentation grenade. Contains a small amount of high explosives, the container itself forming most of the damaging fragments. Explodes on contact.”— Fallout and Fallout 2 description
Frag grenades are muscle-propelled explosives. Fragmentation grenades are pretty rare, and aren't very useful late game, when most enemies have a very high explosive damage resistance. If you can find a few early on, though, they'll pack quite a wallop against weaker raiders and critters. Ideally, the blast radius of a grenade should be used against large groups, like mantises and gold geckoes, to maximize a single grenade's damage potential.
- Holy Hand Grenade: a unique weapon, enormously powerful and "A Holy relic of godly might."
- 2 grenades located in the Command Center in Vault 15.
- Multiple grenades can be found in Mariposa Military Base.
- Various merchants including the Gun Runners and Merchants in the Hub.
- Can be bartered or looted off the slavers in the Den.
- Merchants in Shady Sands sell them and some can be found on New Californian Rangers
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-16: "The fragmentation grenade is extremely useful as a defensive weapon. A small, but concentrated, explosive charge connected to a contact fuze will spread over 1,000 metal fragments over a 2.5 meter radius area. The small explosion area means that these grenades can be used at a closer range than ever before, without possible harm to the user."