Frag grenade (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of grenade models used throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The standard thrown explosive device used by militaries worldwide before the Great War, the frag grenade causes a lethal blast sending metal shrapnel flying in all directions up to 14 yards. It's useful against groups of unarmored enemies, or for hitting enemies around corners by banking grenades off walls. To throw the frag grenade, simply press the fire button; the longer it is held, the farther the grenade will go. The arc and trajectory at which the player is throwing it is also a major factor for determining the distance it will travel and land.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Camp Guardian - you can find a couple of them in two boxes while you are climbing the mountain.
- Nellis Air Force Base - Also in random ammunition boxes and in Nellis array.
- Neil's Shack - two can be found on a shelf inside.
- Canyon Wreckage - approaching the wreckage, there is an upturned trailer on the left, containing explosives crates with 7-10 grenades.
- Can be bought from merchants such as Gun Runners
- Often found on Recruit Legionaries.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 18.104.22.1682, frag grenades dealt 75 points of blast damage.
- 900 unit radius, 128 units = 2 yards