The frag mine is an explosive weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
The frag mine is a placed explosive device. The explosive activates when any land-based target approaches within 4.6 feet and detonates in a 9-foot radius after a three second timer elapses. The target's explosive skill (or lack thereof) can determine how long the countdown actually lasts.
Like other proximity mines, it cannot be used in V.A.T.S.
- Primm - Three frag mines can be found on the bridge between the NCR camp and the hotels. Must be disarmed by the player.
- Frag mines can be found spread out in the no-man's-land between Camp Forlorn Hope and Nelson. Tortured NCR soldiers being used as traps there also have frag mines very close by.
- Nipton - Live mines are placed as traps in the town hall, and in one of the residential houses.
- Three can be found hidden under traffic cones on the road east of Nipton. Must be disarmed.
- Ranger station Charlie - Placed as traps after talking to Andy about the station, or beginning Return to Sender.
- ↑ 100 unit proximity, 128 units = 6 feet.
- ↑ 192 unit radius.