The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Background[edit | edit source]
They are poorly equipped in both apparel and weapons and poorly organized, only working in groups consisting of 2 to 6 people.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Flogging a Dead Corpse: When walking through Freeside, a thug may stop you and lead you into an alley. A group of them will then attack you.
- G.I. Blues: Orris will go on a detour while escorting you and you will be ambushed by 4 thugs (who work together with Orris) upon exiting the detour.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Freeside thugs will be hostile or friendly depending on your Reputation with Freeside. Either way, the Freeside thugs have little to no dialogue and interaction. The Freeside thugs respawn, regardless of your interactions with them or how they were killed.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Raider blastmaster armor
Roving trader hat
Spiked knuckles Police baton
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the player is Vilified in Freeside, thugs will approach the player and start a conversation, but realize that it's you and flee. Afterwards, thugs will be neutral and completely idle. If attacked, they (and any other thugs around them) will fight back. If spoken to before attacked, you will be notified that they are fleeing.
- Sometimes Freeside Thugs will spawn at New Vegas Strip gate and be fired on by the Securitrons.
- The Thugs appearance is completely randomized, these includes armor, weapon, hair, and even skin color.
- It seems their head items (glasses, hats, etc.) are always in full condition. ( confirmed)
- If your reputation with the Freeside is Idolized, the thugs will still turn hostile against you. However, they are usually only armed with melee weapons and are often killed by members of the Kings.
- Kings will attack Freeside thugs.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The thugs may sometimes spawn with different skin colors, such as having purple skin.
- The thugs may not spawn at all.
- The Strip North Gate there will spawn 1-2 thugs to the east side of the street behind a bus stop. After fast traveling to
- Sometimes when a thug chases or attacks one of the citizens, the game will freeze, especially when you're with companions.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Freeside thugs appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.