|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A prototype weapon that can be constructed by the Mechanic Boy. Once assembled, the gun works great against any armor since it super-freezes joints and moving parts. As such, the gun is effective against robots as well as the New California Republic (NCR) personnel. The gun will not necessarily kill a foe, but it will render it immobile, giving the player an uncontested turns against the crippled enemy. It can freeze enemies and runs on cryo energy. You need to get parts for it to get it to work again though. S.O.R.-1000 Alpha, a robot which can be acquired as a follower, can assemble it for you if you have the parts.
Components[edit | edit source]
- Freeze gun schematics, found on a work table in the maintenance room.
- Freezer coil, found in fridge freezer the kitchen.
- Water and containers, found in the bathroom.
- Crushed crystal, found inside the TV in the recreational room.
- Power source, found by looting S.O.R.-1000 Beta or S.O.R.-1000 Delta.
- The remainder parts are found in the maintenance room.