In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Gamma shield armor
|For an overview of metal armor variants in all games, see metal armor.|
Gamma Shield Armor
A total of 5 suits of gamma shield armor may be found:
- Gruber and John Bear each wear a set.
- Two wildmen each have one: one in the supply plant and another one near Wild Bill's corpse.
- One can be found on a dead Pitt raider in an irradiated area to the left of the entrance to the steelyard, as you face away from the door.
- In the Effects menu, the radiation resistance and Agility modifiers are marked as coming from "Lead-Lined Armor", not gamma shield armor. This may explain the extra weight, as the gamma shield armor may shield against gamma radiation through the use of a lead lining, hence the description as lead-lined armor.
Behind the scenes
- There is a leveled list for the gamma shield armor defined in the G.E.C.K., but it's not used anywhere, so the gamma shield armor will not appear in any random loot.
- This armor tends to "phase" once dropped: it will disappear after a while if dropped, turning completely invisible, while it will still actually be there and can be interacted with/picked up.