|DPS (reload)||128 (214.4)|
|Crit Dmg||6||Crit % Mult||x0.05|
|Crit Effect||Disintegration on death|
The UB-FRIED 3000 Gatling laser is a weapon in Fallout 3.
In contrast with the L30 Gatling laser, the UB-FRIED 3000 is not only fully automatic and with a much larger ammunition capacity, but was also mass produced. While the 3000 units entered service shortly before the war, they quickly became an important part of the arsenal of both of pre-War and post-War factions.
The Gatling laser is the most advanced weapon type for the Big Guns skill. It is similar to the minigun, however the Gatling laser is actually not a Gatling weapon as the barrels do not rotate when it fires - instead, the barrels fire in a rotating order. However, although the animation for this firing makes it appear very random and haphazard, the barrels do not have to 'wind-up' making the Gatling laser much easier and quicker to use than the minigun. The Gatling laser fires exceptionally fast; it is capable of expending an entire 240 round charge pack in only 12 seconds.
At long range it is actually an incredibly accurate weapon, but performs poorly in V.A.T.S. One can easily take out any threat at a safe distance with a Gatling laser, however. At point blank range, it actually aims a bit lower than the cross hair. This is easily observable when trying to shoot a corpse's head off while standing on top of it.
A fully repaired Gatling laser can fire 3127 bolts, about 13 full cells, before breaking.
- Vengeance, the most powerful Gatling laser, Vengeance is also one of the most durable weapons in the game, with 2000 item HP.
- Precision Gatling laser , while not as powerful as Vengeance, the precision Gatling laser has a higher critical multiplier of 0.2.
||Big energy gun
||Big energy gun
|Precision Gatling laser
||Big energy gun
- Gatling lasers are most commonly found on Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts, and Brotherhood of Steel soldiers. These soldiers can be found in areas like The Washington Monument, Fort Independence, inside Arlington Library, Pennsylvania Avenue, and outside the Citadel. It can be acquired from these non-player characters either through killing them, pickpocketing the ammunition for their weapon and coming back when they've unequipped it, knocking it out of their hands by shooting it, or stunning (save before doing this) them using the Mesmetron and taking the item from their inventory. However, it is very rare in Capital Wasteland without the Broken Steel add-on.
- Inside Raven Rock there is a Gatling laser in an Enclave crate behind the energy shield in the last area of Raven Rock. You will notice it on your right as you near the sentry bots which fight off three Enclave soldiers. There are three cases which carry armor and this weapon.
- With the Broken Steel add-on, Gatling lasers are also carried by overlords. The overlords can be encountered from level 13 on.
- With the Point Lookout add-on, two Gatling lasers can also be found in the St. Aubin Medical Facility.
- With the Mothership Zeta add-on, at least 4 Gatling lasers can be found on the Cargo Hold and on the Engineering Core as the quest Among the Stars progresses.
- There is a respawning pair of super mutant overlords on the path to The National Guard Depot from Friendship heights who come armed with Gatling lasers.
- Fawkes has one when he comes to aid you after exiting Raven Rock.