Gehenna is a unique melee weapon added with the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal.
Gehenna is unique variant of the shishkebab, a flaming melee weapon, which sets the target on fire upon impact. Although it appears to run on fuel from the tank on the player's back, it actually requires no fuel at all.
In comparison to the standard shishkebab, Gehenna has a more pronounced and brighter flame, the valve is blue instead of the standard red, its handle is black, and the motorcycle gas tank is more aged with a green tint. Gehenna inflicts greater damage/DPS and its fire damage is 2.5x more damaging than the average shishkebab. Additionally, it uses fewer action points in V.A.T.S.. Its special move in V.A.T.S. is called "Back slash", which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 22 action points, although it requires a Melee skill of 50.
||20 + 2
||93 + 2
||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:6
||42 + 5
||117.6 + 5
||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:6
- Even though its blade is wreathed in fire, you can still apply poisons to the Gehenna's blade. The damage over time from the applied poison stacks with the immolation damage. If a character has the Pyromaniac perk and poison is applied to Gehenna, it becomes one of the most damaging melee weapons in the game.
- Gehenna is one of the weapons the player can use to complete "The Same Could Be Said of All Religious Weapons" challenge.
- When Gehenna is equipped, an oven mitt appears on the right hand of the player and their companions, as protection from the heat.
- As it is constantly on fire, Gehenna will set off gas leaks if the player walks through one with the sword drawn. The same applies if a companion has it equipped.
- When a limb is severed by Gehenna while on fire, the flames will never go out.
- There are twelve marks etched in to Gehenna's gas tank, indicating the amount of the previous owner's kills, similarly to that of Ratslayer.
- Gehenna is a valley located outside ancient Jerusalem, and was a place where various pagans sacrificed humans by throwing them in fire, and later, as Jerusalem and Judaism developed, waste would be burned there. Due to the increasing population, and thus waste, the fire was said to burn continually, and Dante used this to produce an image of hell, which is now the most widespread representation: "A place where evil people go to burn for eternity".
- Gehenna is Aramaic for "lake of fire".
Sometimes when switching Gehenna out for a hot-keyed weapon, the tank will remain on the players' back.
Sometimes when you switch between the 3rd person view and the 1st person view, the flames don't appear. Removing and re-equipping the weapon fixes this problem.
When used by companions, the blade and tank will not appear, only the oven mitt on the right hand will appear.
- Having Gehenna drawn in third person, and diving into water, will cause the flame to go out for a second and light back up, even though the player is underwater.
|Items||Weapons (Non-unique)||12.7mm Submachine Gun · 25mm grenade APW · 5.56mm pistol · Anti-materiel rifle · Assault carbine · Baseball bat · Battle rifle · Chainsaw · Fat Man · Fat mine · Hunting revolver · Katana · Laser pistol · MFC cluster · MFC grenade · Nuka-grenade · Plasma Defender · Plasma pistol · Power fist · Ripper · Time bomb, high yield · Tin grenade · Tri-beam laser rifle|
|Weapons (Unique)||Bozar · Cleansing Flame · Embrace of the Mantis King! · Esther · Gehenna · Greased Lightning · Li'l Devil · Medicine Stick · MF Hyperbreeder Alpha · Nuka Breaker · Paciencia · Sleepytyme · Sprtel-Wood 9700 · The Smitty Special · Two-Step Goodbye|
|Ammo||12 gauge dragon's breath · 12 gauge 4/0 Buck · 12 gauge flechette · 12 gauge pulse slug · 20 gauge shotgun shell, 3/0 buck · 20 gauge shotgun shell, pulse slug · Hive missiles · 40mm Plasma grenade · 40mm grenade, pulse · 25mm Plasma grenade · 25mm grenade, pulse · 25mm grenade, timed · 12.7mm JHP · 5.56mm match · 5mm JSP · 9mm JHP · .50 MG, explosive · Energy cell, optimized · Microfusion cell, optimized · Electron Charge Pack, optimized · Flamer fuel, optimized · Mini nuke, Big Kid · Mini nuke, low yield · Mini nuke, timed · Mini nuke, tiny tots · Missile, hive|
|Weapon mods||12.7mm SMG Laser Sight · 12.7mm SMG Stacked Magazine · 12.7mm SMG Suppressor · 25mm Grenade APW Expanded Drum · 25mm Grenade APW Long Barrel · 25mm Grenade APW Upgraded Internals · Anti-Materiel Rifle Carbon Fiber Parts · Anti-Materiel Rifle Custom Bolt · Anti-Materiel Rifle Suppressor · Assault Carbine Extended Mags · Assault Carbine Forged Receiver · Assault Carbine Light Bolt · Baseball Bat Cork Core · Baseball Bat Maple Body · Baseball Bat Nails · Chainsaw Alloy Frame · Chainsaw Carbide Teeth · Chainsaw Heavy-Duty Chain · Hunting Revolver Match Barrel · Hunting Revolver 6-Shot Cylinder · Katana Authentic Blade · Katana Balanced Grip · Katana Protective Sheath · Laser Pistol Combat Sights · Laser Pistol Focus Optics · Laser Pistol Recycler · Plasma Defender Hi-Capacity Terminal · Plasma Defender Scope · Plasma Defender Sheath Stabilizer · Plasma Pistol Hi-Energy Ionizer · Plasma Pistol Magnetic Accelerator · Plasma Pistol Recycler · Power Fist Chromed Tubes · Power Fist Hi-Capacity Valves · Power Fist Ported Chambers · Ripper Carbide Teeth · Ripper Heavy-Duty Chain · Tri-beam Laser Rifle Focus Optics · Tri-beam Laser Rifle Heavy-Duty Capacitors · Tri-beam Laser Rifle Hi-Capacity Terminal|