We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
George (Fallout: New Vegas)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
George is a self-proclaimed gambler and prospector that can be found near Nellis Airforce Base. At first he warns the Courier about the danger of just rushing into Boomer territory, then he makes his wager. He says that he makes his money from gambling and reclaiming objects that are no longer being used. He places double or nothing wagers with travelers, betting that they cannot get to the gate of Nellis Air Force Base and back alive. He claims that he knows the secret to get there unharmed, and he'll tell you the secret if you give him the caps first. Then, having tempted them to their doom, he loots their bodies.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- Highway to the Danger Zone: For a friendly wager, George gives the player some instructions on how to get past the Boomers' ordnance bombardment. Once the player has made it back, they can collect their winnings from George.
|Dirty pre-War relaxedwear|
Roving trader outfit
|427 Bottle caps|
Drops on death
- Sometimes before or after you talk to him, and leave and come back or reload a save, he can be already dead, most likely blown to small chunky pieces. This will only happen if you go through the bombardment and retreat to try again or make it through and come back. However, most of the caps you spent can be taken back from his body, but sometimes reward he promised will not be present. There is no fix to this other than console commands or reloading a save.
- George can be killed without a loss or gain in Karma.
- "They're a bunch of artillery-slingin' grenade lobbin' odd-jobs camping out in Nellis. Wander into their territory and you're as good as mincemeat!" (On who the Boomers are.)
- "Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! You're the first one to make it through alive, let alone manage a return trip."
George appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- George's dialogue: "[SUCCEEDED] Whoa, simmer down. I'll tell you. I'm a gambler and scavenger."
- George's dialogue: "Whoa there, pal. You better slow down, or you'll get blown up like the idiots who thought they'd scavenge in Boomer territory."
- George's dialogue: "Now that I've got your attention, might you be interested in a little information? It'll cost you, but it's well worth the investment."
- George's dialogue: "There is a way, and I'll tell you... for a little wager?"
- George's dialogue: "I've made some cash from gambling, and some cash from... reclaiming goods that are no longer being used. Now do you want my help or not?"
- George's dialogue: "If you make it back alive I'll double your money!"
- George's dialogue: "I'll be here watching, so I'll know if you've made it to the gate or not. Remember, I'll pay double your wager if you make it back."
- George's dialogue: "Well, I know the secret to get past. If you give me the caps, I'll tell you."