Ghost Town Gunfight
From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Ghost Town Gunfight
Powder gangers attacking Goodsprings
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Enter the Prospector Saloon and witness Joe Cobb threatening Trudy.
- Learn about Ringo and his hiding place from conversations with Trudy and the other townsfolk.
- Visit Ringo at the gas station.
- Talk to Sunny Smiles about Joe Cobb.
- (Optional) Convince the townsfolk to give their support in the fight. Chet can be convinced to outfit the townsfolk with leather armor with a Barter check of 25 or by paying 1000 caps; Easy Pete can be convinced to donate some of his dynamite with an Explosives check of 25; Trudy will join in and convince people to fight with a Speech or Sneak check of 25; and Doc Mitchell will provide three stimpaks, as well as two doctor's bags with a Medicine check of 30.
- Return to Ringo in the gas station to trigger the arrival of the Powder Gangers.
- Help Ringo fight the Powder Gangers and kill Joe Cobb.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Offer to help Ringo deal with the Powder Gangers.|
|2||Talk to Sunny Smiles about fighting the Powder Gangers.|
|3||(Optional) Enlist the help of Trudy.|
|4||(Optional) Convince Chet to open his store's stock to the town.|
|5||(Optional) Acquire additional medical supplies from Doc Mitchell.|
|6||(Optional) Get some dynamite from Easy Pete.|
|7||Return to Ringo when you're ready for the gunfight with the Powder Gangers.|
|8||Join up with Sunny.|
|9||Defeat the Powder Gangers.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You cannot start this quest if you have already started Run Goodsprings Run. Ringo will decline your offer to help and claim he saw you being overly friendly to Cobb, after which the quest will be marked as failed. Even if you kill Joe Cobb, Ringo will still refuse your help.
- If you approach Ringo wearing any gang faction armor (Great Khan or Powder Ganger) he will become hostile, try to kill you and you will fail the quest.
- If you steal the single shotgun from a house in Goodsprings before you enter the gunfight, Trudy will not have her gun in the fight.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When returning to the gas station after talking to the townspeople, the door may be locked, requiring a key to open. However, this key does not appear to be obtainable until the mission is over.
- It is possible that the quest may not show up as active in the Pip-Boy, and it will be impossible to progress in it (the non-player character dialog will not show up).
- player.placeleveledactoratme 00104c6a 1 and killing him. When the player kills all the Powder Gangers, the quest does not complete, making the quest impossible to finish. This can be fixed by spawning a Powder Ganger with the console command
- Upon entering the gas station to report to Ringo, player may find the door unable to be interacted with thus trapping the player in the gas station.