Ghost Town Gunfight
Ghost Town Gunfight
End of the road for Joe Cobb
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
About a week before the Courier came to, the Powder Gangers hit a Crimson Caravan group heading north on the I-15. One of the traders, Ringo, managed to make off with some of the caravan goods and was taken in by the people of Goodsprings. The gangers, under Joe Cobb, are ready to tear the town apart in order to track the survivor down and kill him.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- After completing or ending Back in the Saddle or By a Campfire on the Trail, the player is directed to meet Trudy at the Prospector Saloon. As they enter, they witness Joe Cobb trying to intimidate Trudy to give the merchant up. She rebuffs him.
- After the confrontation is over, the player has to talk to Trudy to learn the reason behind the commotion, then head up the road to the station and talk to Ringo. He will explain what has happened. He will then direct the player to Sunny Smiles, who will organize a militia to face Joe Cobb's gang. Note that it's impossible to start the quest if Run Goodsprings Run is already active. Even if Cobb's killed, it's impossible to trigger the Gunfight.
- Sunny will suggest asking about town for help:
- Trudy can lend her aid with Speech or Sneak 25, helping to lay an ambush at the saloon and convincing other townsfolk to aid.
- Chet can lend leather armor to the militia with Barter 25 or by paying 1000 caps.
- Easy Pete can donate dynamite with Explosives 25.
- Doc Mitchell will provide medical aid with Medicine30. The player will also receive three stimpaks and two doctor's bags.
- After securing help, the player simply has to return to Ringo to trigger the gunfight. Six Powder Gangers, Cobb included, will advance down the south-eastern road and engage the militia. After they're dealt with, talk to Ringo.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Offer to help Ringo deal with the Powder Gangers.|
|2||Talk to Sunny Smiles about fighting the Powder Gangers.|
|3||(Optional) Enlist the help of Trudy.|
|4||(Optional) Convince Chet to open his store's stock to the town.|
|5||(Optional) Acquire additional medical supplies from Doc Mitchell.|
|6||(Optional) Get some dynamite from Easy Pete.|
|7||Return to Ringo when you're ready for the gunfight with the Powder Gangers.|
|8||Join up with Sunny.|
|9||Defeat the Powder Gangers.|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- player.placeleveledactoratme 00104c6a 1 and killing him. The quest might not correctly register all the GAngers as dead. This can be fixed by spawning a Powder Ganger with the console command