Fallout 3 locations project
Inside the outpost
The ghoul outpost (marked on local map and guide referenced as outpost) is a small camp inside a building located west-southwest of Marigold Station. To get to it, turn left down the street as you exit Marigold Station until you come to a T in the road (one block). Turn left at the T and you will pass through a barricade that says "Welcome to Grayditch" and go up a little hill. Just as you come to the top of the hill, turn right. The entrance is the set of double-doors in the large building immediately to your right.
Inside the building is a small square room with a burning barrel, a jail cell containing a super mutant, and numerous desks and junk scattered about.
- There's a mini nuke in a bucket on a shelf in the back room with the caged super mutant.
- Possible Stealth Boy in a cabinet next to the exit.
- Laser rifle in the same cabinet. NOTE: It may not be there, as one of the ghoul wastelanders may take it.
- Everything you need to make a Nuka-grenade is in the ghoul outpost; turpentine, Abraxo cleaner and tin cans in the back of the entrance room, Nuka-Cola Quantum in the back room.
- There is a grenade box under the desk in the back room.
- While the ghoul outpost does not show up on the world map, its entrance is clearly marked as "Outpost" on the local map. The entrance is two double-doors on a large building.
- There may be two hostile wastelanders sharing the place with a super mutant outside the cage.
- The terminal is a trap, and will explode if activated. One may be able to salvage a frag grenade through the rear panel and disarm the trap.
The ghoul outpost only appears in Fallout 3.
- Occasionally, the super mutant can run through the wire fence and attack the player or enemy ghoul, then may pickup the frag grenades under the booby trapped computer on the desk in the room it was caged in.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.415: "9.I: Outpost (Lat 04/Long -11)"
(Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition Tour of the Capital Wasteland)