In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Gibson scrap yard
Gibson scrap yard
The scrap yard has two sections, the yard and the office slash garage. The yard is filled with stacked, derelict cars and other assorted junk, with a few dumpsters scattered around. There is a small kennel at the western fence, with two mattresses for Gibson's dogs, and a small storage shack leaning against the garage with locked metal boxes.
The garage itself contains a small office, now Gibson's living room, and the garage proper, with her bed, a workbench, some storage shelves and a motorcycle parked in the center. Old Lady Gibson typically passes the day sitting outside the garage, on a chair made from an O letter salvaged from the REPCONN monument at the REPCONN test site.
- Her dogs
- Big Boomer: Carried by Old Lady Gibson.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap: In the garage proper, on the very corner of the bottom shelf in the corner by the left end of the door.
- Come Fly With Me: Old Lady Gibson can sell the player stabilizer modules necessary to fix the rockets.
- ED-E My Love: Dialogue with the lady is one of several triggers for the first log.
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog: Rey can "donate" a brain to Rex.
Behind the scenes
- Old Lady Gibson named her dogs using Spanish words. These are "Audacious" (Audaz), "Trash" (Basura), "Fang" (Colmillo), "Faithful" (Fiel), "Queen" (Reina), and "King" (Rey).
Gibson scrap yard appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.406: "[5.14] Gibson Scrap Yard
Old Lady Gibson has been running this modest scrapyard for the last few years since the passing of her husband. All she has now are memories, and a collection of hounds that she dotes on. Inside the garage is where Reina and Rey stay, and Old Lady Gibson rests. There's a metal box [Average] to open, either via Bobby Pins and talent, or by acquiring Gibson's through Pickpocketing or killing her. The box contains the Thrust Control Modules; vital for a Side Quest if its active. Unless you're heartless, there's no reason to get on the bad side of Gibson. Speak to her, and she can tell you about HELIOS One, as well as Repairing your items or Trading with you; she's one of the best in the Mojave! Finally, kill Gibson to take her Unique Sawed-Off Shotgun; Big Boomer."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)