Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Glowing fungus (Fallout 4)
Background[edit | edit source]
Glowing fungus, or Flammulina velutipes, is a mutated variant of the pre-War fungus. Common in temperate areas, the medicinal properties of the original mushroom have been enhanced by radioactive exposure, allowing it to be used in a variety of potent medicines, such as herbal treatments or even post-War RadAway. The mushrooms have also developed a distinct bioluminescence, making them easily identifiable.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
These common clusters of small green mushrooms exhibit a faint luminescence. They provide 10 hit points at the cost of 3 rads, and are component in several medicines, including RadAway, antibiotics, herbal anodyne, herbal antimicrobial, and herbal stimulant.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Glowing fungus is fairly ubiquitous in the Commonwealth, and can be found in the woods, swamps, caves and abandoned buildings.
- Several clusters can be found in the lobby of Kendall Hospital.
- A few are found in the mole rat den beneath the Red Rocket truck stop.
- The following map contains all the spawn locations on the world map (excluding interiors or harvested items)
- Fallout 76 flora poster
- Crafting uses of glowing fungi.