Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Gomorrah exterior and main gambling hall
Gomorrah. It'll be our secret.”— The Tops Slogan, Radio New Vegas; Mr. New Vegas, Fallout: New Vegas
- 1 Background
- 2 Layout
- 3 Notable loot
- 4 Related quests
- 5 Notes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Bugs
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Gomorrah casino has about as much sparkle as the Desperado (which is to say, not much at all); still, it's the biggest den of sex fiends in the city. It is a favorite of NCR troopers, who often gather in large numbers outside. The casino is managed by the Omertas, a shadowy gang of racketeers and gangsters.
Layout[edit | edit source]
There are four main areas that have loading screens between them: the main level, the lower level, the courtyard, and the suites level.
Main level[edit | edit source]
Lobby and casino[edit | edit source]
Just inside the lobby entrance is the casino floor, with casino games in the middle and the bank to the left for changing money. In the back left is the entrance to the Brimstone lounge. In the back right is the main elevator bank. The elevators go down to the lower lobby, or up to the suites level. Going to the suites level requires picking a very hard lock (or obtaining a Zoara Club key).
Brimstone[edit | edit source]
This club houses a bar, a listless dancer on a stage, and not much else. Cachino, a major player in the How Little We Know quest, can usually be found in the Brimstone main level during normal hours. At night he sometimes returns to his room on the suites level.
An elevator to the left of the bar leads to the lower level. A door (average lock) to the right of the bar leads to the Zoara Club. A key to the club can be obtained from Cachino, or the door has an Omerta thug near it who can be convinced to let the player through under the right circumstances. See the quest How Little We Know for more details. Past the stage in the Brimstone lounge are double doors leading to the courtyard.
Zoara Club[edit | edit source]
This small VIP lounge overlooks the main Brimstone club. It contains a few pool tables, another bar, and the private offices of the head of the Omertas, Nero, and his right-hand man, Big Sal. The doors to both offices are locked (very hard). See How Little We Know for various ways to obtain access to these offices.
The hallway behind the Zoara Club usually holds Big Sal (if he's not in his room), and sometimes Nero.
Courtyard[edit | edit source]
This open-air courtyard has a variety of tents where customers can presumably spend private time with the men and women (both human and ghoul) who circulate around in skimpy outfits offering dances and bedroom activities.
One can find a variety of prostitutes dancing and walking around, but only Joana and Dazzle can be engaged in extended conversation. Joana and Dazzle are also the only prostitutes that the player can have sex with, once the player heads to their bed, the screen goes black and the player can only hear the interaction.
On the second level, just to the right of the door as the player enters, is the door to Joana's room.
Lower level[edit | edit source]
This level contains a maze of rooms and corridors, including:
- The Lower Brimstone stage and bar, containing more dancers and prostitutes of all kinds, including male, female, and ghoul.
- The Brimstone party rooms. A man named Troike can be found here, who is central to the How Little We Know quest.
- The weapons storage room. The door to this room is locked (very hard), but a key can be obtained from Troike. See How Little We Know for more.
- Doors and elevators back to the main and suites levels.
Suites level[edit | edit source]
This level contains four suites and two storage rooms:
- Clanden's suite (unlocked) in the southeast corner.
- Nero's suite (hard lock) in the northwest corner.
- Big Sal's office (hard lock) in the southwest corner.
- Cachino's suite (hard lock) in the northeast corner. A key to this suite can be obtained from the receptionist in the lobby during the How Little We Know quest.
- Storage closet (easy lock) containing miscellaneous clutter.
- Clanden's secret filming room (very hard lock) in the southwest corner near Big Sal's room, containing a dead prostitute and miscellaneous evidence of Clanden's sideline in snuff films. A key to this room can be found on Clanden or in in the safe in his bedroom. With a medicine skill of 35, the player can examine the corpse and determine that she was tortured for several hours before being murdered.
There are Omerta thugs hanging around in most of the hallways; with judicious sneaking, however, all doors can be unlocked without much risk of detection. Clanden will not mind the player barging in and talking to him, but if Nero, Big Sal, or Cachino are in their respective suites when the player enters, they will usually turn hostile (unless the player has already gotten on good terms with them during the How Little We Know quest).
Gambling[edit | edit source]
- Gomorrah offers Blackjack, Roulette, and Slots.
- Gomorrah pays 3:2 on blackjack, and the dealer must hit soft 17's.
- Rewards and Ban
As the player earns chips, the casino offers increasing comps and gifts:
- 2,250+ chips =2x brahmin steak
- 4,500+ chips =Mentats, Jet and 2x wine
- 6,750+ chips =Combat armor, reinforced (not at full repair, valued at 5720)
After the player earns more than 9,000 chips, they are permanently banned from playing games in the casino. They can still use its other functions, such as the restaurant and cashing out their chips, but they cannot win any more money. If the player breaks the house limit before being given any comps (i.e., by winning an unusually large amount in one game), they will not receive any comps that they missed.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Lower level[edit | edit source]
- 2 large footlockers, each containing 2x flamers and assault carbines and maybe sniper rifles, with ammunition for each, in the weapons storage room behind a very hard locked door. A key to this door can be obtained from Troike. See the How Little We Know quest for more details.
Main level[edit | edit source]
- Guns and Bullets in Big Sal's office in the Zoara Club above Brimstone, on a bookshelf. The door has a very hard lock; alternatively, the Gomorrah office key can be obtained from Big Sal or Nero, or entry can be gained during How Little We Know. See the quest for more details.
- Small quantities of caps, random chems and small weapons in lockers and safes in the cashier's office.
Suites level[edit | edit source]
- 100 caps in Clanden's safe.
- True Police Stories in Clanden's room, on a table next to the bed.
- Doctor's bag in Clanden's secret filming room.
- Meeting People in Nero's suite, on the counter in the kitchen.
- Locksmith's Reader in Nero's suite, on a table in the upstairs lounge.
- Salesman Weekly in Nero's suite, on a bookshelf in the upstairs lounge.
- Patriot's Cookbook in Big Sal's suite, on a table in the main living room.
- Milsurp Review in Cachino's room, on a table near the bed.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with any Strip casino, Gomorrah requires you to surrender your weapons upon entry. Certain holdout weapons can be brought into the casino by choosing the option beginning with <keep holdout weapons>. If the player's Sneak skill is 50 or above, this option includes additional weapons.
- The three hookers dancing outside the casino have nothing in their inventory.
- Joana and Dazzle are the only prostitutes at the Gomorrah whose "services" can be purchased by the player.
- The cashier does not respawn when killed, making it impossible to cash in chips or buy new ones.
- If you go to Vikki and Vance Casino in Primm, you'll see a framed article about Gomorrah, while the others have their respective articles.
- The Wild Wasteland credits mention the development errors that occurred because of the name's apparently difficult spelling, prompting a potential name change to "Sodom".
- The Omertas refer to Mr. House as "Not-At-Home".
- During the quest How Little We Know when Cachino tells you he will inform the thugs to leave you alone, this returns the hostile guard to a neutral state.
- Sweetie got her start prostituting here.
Music[edit | edit source]
The piped-in music used in the lobby and club areas consists of the following tracks:
The music used in the Gomorrah Courtyard.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gomorrah appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Gomorrah is most likely based upon the former Dunes Hotel & Casino (now replaced by the Bellagio). They share faux-Persian decor and theming, and have similar architecture. The Dunes was also the first hotel on the Strip to offer topless performances.
- Gomorrah's name is a reference to the biblical tale of the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah, which were "destroyed in fire from the sky because of their wickedness". Some parts of the building are references to that story as well, such as the "fire" and "brimstone" signs.
- There's a cut extra floor, full of rooms for customers and low level loot. There's full code to go here in the elevator script, but the variable that is checked to let you go there is deliberately altered to be impossible. It was cut from the game to simplify the already confusing and complicated Gomorrah layout.
- There's also a Super Mutant called "Angel" who was clearly supposed to be in here somewhere (belongs to the Omerta faction).
- There's an unfinished map that would presumably be part of the casino. It's called GomorrahPlaceholder ("Gomorrah top floor"). It's interesting as it's completely unlike any other part of the final casino. It was probably just for testing before the rest of the casino existed, as its name suggests.
- Joana has a lot of early cut dialogue that was mostly rewritten, as well as debug topics to complete her quest.
- Gomorrah is misspelt as "Gamorrah" throughout the game's scripts and objects.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
When entering the casino, any companion's weapons will be removed from their inventory and will not be returned after leaving, even if they are told to wait outside. Since this does not effect the player's weapons, you can take your companion's weapons from them before entering and give them back after leaving.
- If you dismiss your companions to the Lucky 38 before entering, their weapons are lost, when you come out of the casino.
- To get lost weapons back on ps3: Delete the game data, disconnect from the internet so you don't install the patches, then enter & exit the gomorrah & the weapons will be returned.
- If you choose the option to refuse to disarm and leave, you will successfully leave, but trying to re-enter can cause a game breaking glitch; your HUD is gone and you are stuck in place. You must reload from a previous save to fix this. (Might or might not work.) A possible solution for PC users is to kill the Omerta thug who searches you using the console, and resurrecting him.
- Bye Bye Love quest, on entering Gomorrah, the Courier can become stuck when the dialogue to hand over your weapons doesn't initiate. The player becomes stuck in place and can only look around. This can be fixed by reloading from a prior save, although it doesn't seem to fix the glitch and Gomorrah cannot be accessed for the rest of the game. It is a good idea to do all quests involving Omertas have been completed before starting this mission or you will have no choice but to kill Mr. House to continue the main storyline. During the
- enableplayercontrols console command. It's possible that you won't be given the usual dialogue, but you will be able to move around the casino and interact with everything/everybody just as you are supposed to, and all the weapons from your inventory will be gone as usual (except for the holdout weapons). Simplest 100% working solution: use
- disable and hit enter; he'll disappear, but you still have his ID selected in the console, now type enable and hit enter. He then reappears and as soon as you leave the console, the dialogue will start. (Might or might not work, varying reports on success/failure.) A very simple way to go around this glitch: as you enter the Gomorrah and your HUD disappears, open the console and click on the thug that usually ask for your weapons, then type
- How Little We Know from Yes Man or elsewhere. Next, make sure that is selected as your active quest in your Pip-Boy. Then go into the console and enter movetoqt. You will warp into Gomorrah without the bugged weapon check occurring. This is slightly cheating since you can avoid disarmament inside the building.
A more complicated fix (if the above doesn't work): Get the quest
- Warning: if you do this from another casino from which you have turned your weapons in you will not receive them upon warping. First exit the casino you are in and make sure you have your weapons before warping. Also you will not receive them if you walk back to the casino and exit again, once you have warped away from your weapons.
- Sometimes the "dead" prostitute on the hotel floor will still be alive. Strangely, you can still perform an autopsy.
- (Patched - 1.01 (US)) In the lower lobby, when you enter from the elevator to Gomorrah Lower Lobby next to the bar, sometimes causes a black streak of pixels appear when looking from northeast to east to southeast. The pixels can actually be seen when walking up the stairs towards the main elevators.
- Just like in every other casino where a human character is supposed to bring you prizes when you are winning, the floor manager in Gomorrah will get stuck somewhere in the hall and won't approach you until you move to his line of sight and/or come closer to him. You will be put out of the gambling mode to be able to accept the prize, but if you return to gambling without finding the poor guy and accepting the gift and then win the next prize, only the latest prize will be given to you when you make it possible for the non-player character to reach you.
- Sometimes if you activate a slot machine, the HUD will appear for it, but not the image of the slot machine itself. It is still completely playable, including sounds — but even after saving and reloading, the bug persists.
- If you dismember both of a female prostitute's legs, there is a chance that their boots remain intact, and there is just an empty space in between the boots and the gore.
- Boone as a companion can cause a glitch, so when you place the Thermite onto the crates, and activate the switch, he will have no face, just eyeballs, teeth and any head items equipped after the explosion. This can continue for a long time, and eventually stops at random. Having
- "Gomorrah" is misspelled as "Gommorah" on the HUD while playing the casino's games.
- Sometimes, admittance to the casino is only permitted when absolutely no weapons are in the player's inventory.
- Bye Bye Love, after the players weapons have been checked, everyone in Gomorrah turns hostile toward the player, even if the player agreed to disarm or keep a holdout weapon. If playing the quest
- Upon entering the main lobby of the casino, there may be unexplainable lags and freezes. This is fixed by pausing and unpausing the game. However this does not always seem to work.
- If a full-scale gunfight starts in the Gomorrah lobby between yourself, companion(s), and Omerta thugs, the game will almost immediately freeze and crash to desktop. This will happen even if you retreat into the corridors to limit your own line of sight. It appears all those people dodging and shooting among the pillars overloads the engine.
- Courier will be stuck in place as if being stopped by the doorman. But, you will only be able to rotate, go in or out of third person and pull up start. Therefore you will have to load a previous save so it is recommended to save before entering if this is the case. A work around for this is to leave all your weapons in the lucky 38 and then the scene should continue as normal If the doorman who confiscates your weapons is killed and you leave, then come back, the
- Courier if detected for over 2 seconds. This is permanent after the first occurrence, unless you load an earlier save. If this is impossible, you can still complete all quests requiring you to enter the Gomorrah with either a high Sneak skill, or excessive Stealth Boys, and toggling Sneak mode immediately before and after interacting with a character. Occasionally, all characters involved with Gomorrah will become hostile to the
- Entering from The Strip to Gomorrah through the main entrance will not autosave, unlike most other places. However, autosave occurs when exiting from Gomorrah to The Strip.
- If you punch a gambler in Gomorrah, instead of the staff becoming hostile towards you, they will all open fire on the gambler you've punched.
- Just like in the pool at The Ultra-Lux, if you kneel in the pool in the Courtyard, all of the Prostitute outfits clip under water.
- When attempting to load a file saved in Gomorrah you may get stuck in an endless loading loop, to fix this simply restart the console or eject the disc, reenter the game, load a save from a different character (hopefully you have one) and then pause once the game has loaded and load the other game.
- Occasionally, the doorman Omerta will leave the Gomorrah and run up to the player to ask them to give their weapons. The doorman will be able to get to the player no matter where they go. Telling the doorman "Nevermind, I'll just be going now" will cause the player to be teleported outside the doors of the Gomorrah. The only known way to fix this is for the doorman to die.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gomorrah poker chip replica from the Collector's edition
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.338-340: "[2D.01] Gomorrah
Where The Strip's other casinos are refined, the Gomorrah is rough around the edges, and coarse, as it offers sleazy sex for sale. Top of the attractions list is the sex (any type you want with anyone you want); then the booze and drugs, and finally the Food and Gambling. The casino's entire theme is excessive debauchery. While casino games are available, they are the Omertas' secondary interest. Unlike the Chairman, the Omertas think little of their clientele and will beat the crap out of them as soon as look at them. Unknown to everyone else on the strip (although Mr. House has some idea), the head of the Gomorrah, Nero, may be orchestrating a racket with unknown parties."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- Sweetie: "I got my start at the Gomorrah, good money, but I saw how those Omertas hook girls on free Jet or Med-X - then start charging."