Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Grafton Dam is a location in Fallout 76.
Located on the edge of Grafton Lake, near Grafton and Morgantown in northern Appalachia, the dam was once one of the main sources of clean, hydroelectric power for the area. It was the primary source of power for the next-door Grafton Steel factory.
After the Great War, it became a focus of the Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel, becoming one of its frontier outposts. When Scribe Grant managed to get the generators repaired, it started providing clean power to Morgantown and Harpers Ferry again, helping them keep their trading routes open. However, its time came to an end with the rise of the scorchbeasts, which forced the Brotherhood to mothball the Dam and consolidate their forces to stand a chance of fighting them effectively. The super mutants seized the opportunity and took control of the dam and the outpost.
Points of interest
- The dam bridges the two sides of the gorge, with the main building complex located on the western side. The area is crawling with super mutants, primarily around the power plant building, so take care when exploring.
- The shed to the northwest contains a power armor station, a trunk, and a tinkerer's workbench. Note the terminal under the tent.
- To enter the power station, the player must either have the ability to open level three locks or use the broken pipe on the eastern face of the foundation to gain entry. Inside, the station has roughly three levels, with administrative offices at the top, generators in the middle, and irradiated water at the bottom. There's a bobblehead spawn point on the desk on the top level and a weapon workbench on the way up.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Battle of Huntersville Speech: On metal shelf inside maintenance warehouse.
- Final Orders for Grafton Dam: On metal shelf inside maintenance warehouse.
- First Day of Command: Near Moreno's terminal in the yard.
- Diary of Otis Pike: On dead body of Otis Pike in dam interior - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Freddy's Adventure No. 1: Inside sack on dam interior pipe vent - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Freddy's Adventure No. 2: Inside desk in dam interior - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Freddy's Adventure No. 3: Inside cabinet in corner of dam interior office - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Grognak & The Ruby Ruins: On top of the enclosed entrance area inside the power station, in the pipe with the candles. Jump down from the southwestern office to find the holotape.
- Potential bobbleheads
- Potential bobblehead: On the metal typewriter desk, in the first interior blue gantry hut office on the top floor.
- Potential magazines
- Potential magazine: Just outside the piece of large pipe made into a hidey-hole camp, on the roof of the concrete rooms, below the gantry maintenance huts (interior).
- Potential power armor
- Potential power armor: In the shed in the parking lot, by the power armor station.
- Other Notable Loot
- Fusion core: In the generator inside the power station.
- Arthur Wood's lighter: Inside sack on top of dam interior office - can only be obtained during Cold Case mission.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Loose screws
Grafton Dam appears in Fallout 76.