Grafton Dam is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Located near Grafton, the dam was once one of the main sources of clean, hydroelectric power for the area.
After the Great War, it became a focus of the Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel, becoming one of its frontier outposts. When Scribe Grant managed to get the generators repaired, it started providing clean power to Morgantown and Harpers Ferry again, helping them keep their trading routes open. However, its time came to an end with the rise of the scorchbeasts, which forced the Brotherhood to mothball the Dam and consolidate their forces to stand a chance of fighting them effectively. The super mutants seized the opportunity and took control of the dam and the outpost.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The dam bridges the two sides of the gorge, with the main building complex located on the western side. The area is crawling with super mutants, primarily around the power plant building, so take care when exploring.
- The shed to the northwest contains a power armor station, a trunk, and a tinkerer's workbench. Note the terminal under the tent.
- To enter the power station, the player must either have the ability to open level three locks or use the broken pipe on the eastern face of the foundation to gain entry. Inside, the station has roughly three levels, with administrative offices at the top, generators in the middle, and irradiated water at the bottom. There's a bobblehead spawn point on the desk on the top level and a weapon workbench on the way up.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- First Day of Command: Near Moreno's terminal in the yard.
- Fusion core: In the generator inside the power station.
- Grognak and the Ruby Ruins: On top of the enclosed entrance area inside the power station, in the pipe with the candles. Jump down from the southwestern office to find the holotape.
- Bobblehead spawn: In the upper offices.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Grafton Dam appears in Fallout 76.