Grant (Fallout: New Vegas)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
What the fuck are you doing?! Shoot you son of a bitch!”
Ranger Grant is an NCR Ranger coordinating security during President Aaron Kimball's visit and speech.
Grant is a long time NCR ranger, best described as the "shoot first, never ask questions" type of soldier, someone who doesn't mind going into combat, so long as his soldiers shoot alongside him. He was injured at one point, which may explain his aggressive nature. He also seems to enjoy and even volunteer for more dangerous missions. 
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- You'll Know It When It Happens: Grant is coordinating security for the President's arrival and asks if you can help.
- The House Always Wins, VI: House instructs that Kimball must remain alive, so he directs you to Grant.
- Wild Card: Finishing Touches: As an optional objective, make sure Kimball doesn't die while giving his speech.
- For the Republic, Part 2: Moore wants you to see Grant and run security with him during President Kimball's speech.
- Arizona Killer: He will be hostile if you try to talk to him.
|NCR Ranger patrol armor|
Drops on death
Behind the scenes
- During the quest You'll Know It When It Happens, contacting Grant via radio will include the option "We're all fine here now thank you, how about you?". This is a reference to a scene from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, when Han Solo answers a call for the now-dead detention level guards while in the process of rescuing Princess Leia from the Death Star.
- At some point during development, Grant was instead an NCR Captain by the name of Graham. References to this name still exist, notably in his GECK Editor ID: VHDCaptainGraham.
- It is notable that he becomes unresponsive for the quest, For the Republic, Part 2. This occurs if the player has advanced too far through the Wild Card quest (If Yes Man tells you to save the President) . He simply stands there as though he is in combat, with his teeth gritted. This can be fixed with console commands on the PC (See For the Republic, Part 2). However, if you are on the PS3 or Xbox, this quest cannot be completed. The only thing you can do is reload a previous save and save the president in another manner not involving Yes Man.
- If you inform Ranger Grant in person after killing the Legion Sniper on the tower during the quest You'll Know When it Happens, or if you choose the "goodbye" conversation option before the quest, he will sound as if he is talking to you through a radio even though you are standing in front of him.
- You may only be able to say "goodbye" to him, despite the fact that the quest marker is pointing to Ranger Grant. To fix this, fall in line with the other rangers at the front desk, and he will approach you and open up dialogue.
Graham Grant appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Vouche for me? How?"
Robert House: "I'll send a Securitron ahead to meet with the NCR at the security checkpoint and get things started. Once you get there ask for Ranger Grant. I've used roaming Securitrons to feed him useful information in the past. If I tell him we've heard of a Legion assassination plot, I believe he'll let you investigate."
(Robert House dialogue)