In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Grenade launcher (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of grenade launcher models throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade launcher.|
A pump-action weapon with a tubular magazine holding four 40mm grenades, the grenade launcher is an excellent tool for delivering explosives over long distances. Leaf iron sights similar to the grenade rifle are mounted on it. The front sight is a fixed square notch.
- One can be bought from the NCR arms merchant at the 188 Trading post.
- Grenade launchers can also be purchased from Contreras at the Camp McCarran supply shack or from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Can be found at Nellis Air Force Base and on most Boomers, notably during the Ant Misbehavin' quest.
- Pearl carries one.
- Two of them can be found in the Armory of Vault 34, along with some 40mm grenade ammunition.
- You can find quite a bit of ammunition for it inside Nellis Array near Nellis Air Force Base where the Boomers reside.
- The munitions trader at Nellis Air Force Base.
- They can be found on some of the White Legs in the add-on Honest Hearts.
- There is one carried by one of the caravan guards at the beginning of Honest Hearts.
- Characters with high agility and/or Rapid Reload may prefer the lighter and simpler grenade rifle, as with quick reloads it can fire faster than the grenade launcher.
Behind the scenes
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.1995, the grenade launcher could be repaired with miniguns. Miniguns cannot be repaired with grenade launchers, even with Jury Rigging.
- Dead Money overrides some of the changes that have been made to the grenade launcher in previous patches. With Dead Money installed and nothing else taking up space in your load order, the grenade's base damage is increased to 30, its spread is increased to 1.0, non-player characters will still use ammunition, and it can still be repaired with miniguns.
- The WithAmmoNVGrenadeLauncherLoot levelled list does not actually contain any counts of the grenade launcher weapon, making the weapon somewhat rarer than intended.