We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|For an overview of grenade launcher models throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade launcher.|
Regular and fully modified
|Close-up of the display screen|
The grenade machinegun (GMG) is a recoil-operated, belt-fed, fully automatic 25mm grenade launcher. Belts are fed into the firing chamber from a magazine can on the bottom of the weapon. The can is offset to the left, to accommodate the electronic monitoring system mounted on the weapon (though after the Great War, no units have been identified as having a working system). The weapon is patterned exclusively towards right-handed operators.
Outside of V.A.T.S., the weapon can be used for indirect fire over a considerable distance.
- Grenade MG high-speed kit, +50% rate of fire.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Grenade machine gun||Grenade launcher||5 + 50||165||3||x0.28||0||1.0||50||25mm grenade||30||15||400||5200||Explosives:100 Strength:8|
|Mercy||Grenade launcher||5 + 100||325.5||3.1||x13.44||0||1.0||50||40mm grenade||18||15||500||5200||Explosives:100 Strength:8|
- Nellis Air Force Base - sold by the Boomer munitions manager, and sometimes carried by Raquel.
- Mick & Ralph's - sold by Mick after convincing him (Speech 30) to show you his special inventory .
- Hidden Valley bunker - sold by Torres in the armory.
- Crimson Caravan Company - sold by Blake.
- Hoover Dam - can be purchased from Bardon.
- 188 Trading Post - can be bought from the arms merchant.
- If the firing button is held as the weapon runs out of ammunition, the grenade machinegun will keep playing its firing animation, even though it is out of ammunition (no firing sound is played while this happens). The computer screen will also still keep scrolling as if firing.
Behind the scenes
- The text on the screen of the gun is written in BASH script (essentially the UNIX equivalent to Windows batch scripts). The code itself wouldn't work as it contains syntax errors (No 'fi' ending the 'if' block.) When firing the text scrolls the same chunk of code.
- Lonesome Road overrides some of the changes that have been made to the grenade machinegun in previous patches. With Lonesome Road installed and nothing else taking up space in your load order, the grenade's base damage is decreased to 0 and its item HP is reduced to 200.
- Occasionally firing a multitude of rounds in quick succession will cause the sound to delay, hearing both the 'firing' and 'impact' sounds repeatedly trying to catch up, long after letting up on the trigger. If fired additional times when caught up in the delay, the hardware begins to lag as well, causing freezing and stuttering. This can often be fixed by firing one more time.
- The ammunition pack may become stuck to the back of the player character. To fix this, drop the grenade machinegun, equip another weapon. Drop the second weapon before picking up both weapons.