|Dmg/Attack||2 (2.4) + 100 (204) |
|DPS (reload)||41.4 (112.6)|
|Crit Dmg||1||Crit % Mult||x1|
|Ammo Type||40mm grenade|
|Ammo Cap.||1||Reload Time||2 (1.5)|
The grenade rifle is a weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
The grenade rifle is a single-shot, shoulder-fired, break-action grenade launcher that fires a 40mm grenade. Visually, it resembles a large bore, break-action, sawed-off shotgun, and is simple in design, having only five parts: a receiver group, a fore-end assembly, a barrel group, a sight assembly, and a stock. The fore-end assembly beds the barrel to the receiver.
The front sight is a fixed blade, while the rear sight on the rifle is a folding ladder-style leaf-type sight. When folded, the leaf sight acts as a fixed sight for close range. It is, significantly lighter than its pump-action brother, the grenade launcher.
The grenade rifle can fire a total of 495 grenades from full condition before breaking.
- Thump-Thump, a more accurate unique variant of the grenade rifle with a faster rate of fire and the long barrel mod already attached.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle that is slightly lighter.
- Great Bear grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle that has more damaging projectiles (not explosions).
- Red Victory grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle with a faster rate of fire.
- The ladder-type rear sight on the weapon is not used when aiming; instead, the player aims down the barrel, using only the front sight.
Grenade rifle with the long barrel modification.
The grenade rifle is based on the real world M79 grenade launcher from the early sixties.