|For an overview of grenade launcher models throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade launcher.|
Regular and fully modified
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The grenade rifle is a single-shot, shoulder-fired, break-action grenade launcher that fires a 40mm grenade. Visually, it resembles a large bore, break-action, sawed-off shotgun, and is simple in design, having only five parts: a receiver group, a fore-end assembly, a barrel group, a sight assembly, and a stock. The fore-end assembly beds the barrel to the receiver.
The front sight is a fixed blade, while the rear sight on the rifle is a folding ladder-style leaf-type sight. When folded, the leaf sight acts as a fixed sight for close range. It is, significantly lighter than its pump-action brother, the grenade launcher.
The grenade rifle can fire a total of 495 grenades from full condition before breaking.
Mods[edit | edit source]
- Grenade rifle long barrel, doubles effective range.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Thump-Thump, a more accurate unique variant of the grenade rifle with a faster rate of fire and the long barrel mod already attached.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle that is slightly lighter.
- Great Bear grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle that has more damaging projectiles (not explosions).
- Red Victory grenade rifle , a unique variant of the grenade rifle with a faster rate of fire.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||218.6||2.1||x1||1||1.0||35||40mm grenade||1||6||100||300||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Thump-Thump||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||284.1||2.8||x1||1||0.8||35||40mm grenade||1||5.5||125||800||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Mercenary's grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||218.6||2.1||x1||1||1.0||35||40mm grenade||1||5.5||100||300||Explosives:0 Strength:3|
|Great Bear grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||15 + 100||246.6||2.1||x1||15||0.5||32||40mm grenade||1||5||250||950||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Red Victory grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||327.9||3.2||x1||1||1.0||29||40mm grenade||1||4||125||950||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- In Nipton, in a house east of Nipton General Store in a Very Easy locked safe, along with a copy of Patriot's Cookbook and some 40mm grenades.
- Can be found on Boomers. In addition, there are two free grenade rifles on the bodies of the two Boomers in the Nellis Array, and one to be stolen in Pearl's barracks.
- Sold by Lacey in the barracks at the Mojave Outpost.
- Carried by Oscar Velasco.
- In The Tops presidential suite, in an averaged locked safe.
- Sold by Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Dropped by several Fiends in Vault 3.
- Carried by some Jackal gang leaders and members after the recent patch.
- Vipers often carry them, and they can frequently be found on Vipers at Horowitz farmstead and Raided Farmstead.
- Can be pickpocketed from Mags at Camp Golf.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The ladder-type rear sight on the weapon is not used when aiming; instead, the player aims down the barrel, using only the front sight.