Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Oh alright, alright. But if you start blabbing, I've got some buddies with itching trigger fingers... So I've got this little operation taking Aqua Pura and replacing it with regular crap. It's not like it'll hurt us ghouls. The Aqua Pura I'm storing to sell back to humans later. You know, raiders, Outcasts, etc. The guys the Brotherhood doesn't share with. I'm not a bad guy. I'm just trying to help. The Brotherhood needs me. My caps mean water for the Wasteland. Just ask Bigsley at Project Purity.”
Griffon is a racketeering ghoul in the Museum of History in 2277.
Background[edit | edit source]
Griffon is a huckster, a con-man, a snake oil salesmen. His current scheme is purchasing Aqua Pura, and stashing the water to sell to humans the Brotherhood refuses to sell to, like raiders, slavers, Brotherhood Outcasts, et cetera. He then puts regular irradiated water in the Aqua Pura bottles, and sells it to ghouls in Underworld as "Aqua Cura," claiming it reverses the ghoul condition. He wears a wig he found in the Museum Authority stock room, and for a ghoul, looks pretty healthy. This is just a coincidence, but helps make it seem like he's selling the real deal.
Griffon is found on a stage in the Museum of History lobby, presenting his "miracle elixir". He states that his elixir can cure halitosis, skin flaking, can speed hair growth and even prevent bullying, among other extraordinary effects. The Underworld onlookers don't know where he got this elixir, but they don't care; they're too swept up in his spiel.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Aqua Cura|
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Amazing Aqua Cura!: Investigating Griffon's bogus claims will start the quest.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- Griffon can be killed by an angry mob if the player chooses certain paths in The Amazing Aqua Cura! quest. If he somehow manages to defeat the mob, he will exit out the Museum front door and permanently disappear from the game.
- Should the Lone Wanderer blackmail him to keep the Aqua Cura fraud secret, and extort various amounts of caps from him. This extortion can be one large sum up front, or smaller sums on a weekly basis.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- When the Lone Wanderer is wearing a wig or Button's wig, there is a speech option with the Lone Wanderer liking Griffon's haircut, to which he responds in a nervous tone that the Lone Wanderer's hair and his look almost exactly the same.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Dirty pre-War businesswear|
|Shanxi Type 17 chinese pistol|
|600 bottle caps|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the world model of Aqua Cura is the same as dirty water, he is shown holding a bottle of purified water as he talks on the stage.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
His style of salesmanship resembles 19th century snake oil vendors, right down to the large covered wagon, big banner, stage and fraudulent claims over the "miracles" his product can perform.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If Griffon gets killed his body will still generate around 200-600 caps once a week, so if you are planning on using this, make sure he has something left on his body so he won't disappear.
- While he is advertising Aqua Cura, Fawkes may not be in the Museum.
- If you remove his dirty pre-War businesswear after he is killed, his body is shown as a female model (the head is usually missing though).
- Sometimes he will have several hundred misc items such as skill books or cut items reasons unknown.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.75: "Griffon
Griffon is a huckster, a con-man, a snake oil salesmen. His current scheme is purchasing Aqua Pura, and stashing the water to sell to humans the Brotherhood isn't giving it to (Raiders, Slavers, Outcasts, etc.). He then puts regular irradiated water in the Aqua Pura bottles, and sells it to Ghouls in Underworld as "Aqua Cura," claiming it reverses the Ghoul condition. He wears a wig he found in the Museum Authority stock room, and for a Ghoul, looks pretty healthy (just a coincidence, but helps make it seem like he’s selling the real deal)"
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)