Grognak the Barbarian
|This is a lore summary, presenting intradiegetic or in-universe information about the subject. For game characteristics and similar data, consult the table on the right.|
Grognak the Barbarian was a series of comic books published by Hubris Comics in the mid-21st century.
- 1 Background
- 2 Variants
- 3 Behind the scenes
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The comic books relate the adventures of a titular character in a prehistoric world of magic and melee combat. There were at least fourteen issues of the comic book. Many of these books were badly damaged or destroyed by the Great War of 2077. An intact copy, with no missing pages, is considered very rare. The price for a copy was $23. There was also a TV show being produced in the downtown Boston Hubris Comics. A video game, Grognak & The Ruby Ruins, was released by Hubris Comics Game Studio in 2063.
Series characters[edit | edit source]
- Rein of Grelok
- Town citizens
- The blacksmith
- The priest
- The wizard
Variants[edit | edit source]
The Ants of Agony[edit | edit source]
Titled "The Ants of Agony", this issue of was about the Antagonizer trying to get revenge on Grognak, and was written by Mr. Neptura.
Issue 14: In the Lair of the Virgin Eater[edit | edit source]
The 14th issue is titled "In the Lair of the Virgin Eater" and was released in November of an unspecified year.
An image of this issue is copied onto a slide for the Vault Dweller's Survival Guide. The slide's identifying number is VDSG Plate #188-63.
Revenge of the Man-Saurian[edit | edit source]
Grognak's Salute to the Troops[edit | edit source]
Not much is known about this issue other than it was most likely war propaganda and that it was released sometime in July, 2077.
An Axe For All Ages[edit | edit source]
Titled "An Axe for All Ages", not much is known about this issue other than it was released sometime in August, 2077.
What Sorcery This?[edit | edit source]
Jungle of the Bat-Babies[edit | edit source]
In the Bosom of the Corsair Queen[edit | edit source]
Other comics[edit | edit source]
- Grognak the Barbarian: Lost in the Snows of Lust! (August 2077)
- Grognak the Barbarian: Heavy, the Oaken Crown (September 2077)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Grognak the Barbarian" is an analog to Conan the Barbarian.
- The cover of "In the Lair of the Virgin Eater" resembles the cover of one of the original Conan stories published in Weird Tales called "The Devil In Iron"
- Several issues mentioned in Fallout 4 might be references to DC Comics storylines, such as Grognak dying then coming back to life, a possible reference to the death of Superman, and Mastadonald and Skullpocalypse teaming up to defeat Grognak, referencing multiple super-villain team ups in media.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Courier: "What do you know about Mr. House?"
Caesar: "I know he's a coward, hiding behind an army of robots, ensconced in that tower of his like a wizard in one of those Grognak comic books. Some say he's a man, others, a machine. I don't care. He's in the way."
- Hubris Comics Receptionist Terminal, Letter to the Editor
- Hubris Comics Receptionist Terminal, Release Schedule