H&H Tools Factory
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
|This page is about the location. For the pre-War company, see H&H Tools, Inc..|
H&H Tools Factory
The H&H Tools factory is a building directly to the west of North Vegas square.
This large tools factory was the legacy of the House family. When a freak autogyro and lightning accident claimed the lives of the parents of Robert House and his half-brother, Anthony, the latter cheated his younger sibling out of his inheritance. Undaunted, Robert started his own business in robotics. As RobCo Industries prospered, Anthony slowly started losing his grip on reality.
His deteriorating mental health manifested in increasingly bizarre and erratic security measures implemented at the factory after 2020 and 2023. Subsequent years didn't help his mental state, as RobCo Industries came after H&H Tools on the trading floor, mopping the floor with its stock. The cryptic, maze-like structure of RobCo made it impossible for the company to identify the attacker, adding to Anthony's paranoia.
The situation peaked on the eve of the Great War, as the elderly Anthony (now styling himself Alexander) fired all of his employees, locked down the plant, and deployed heavy security measures.
The building consists of two floors with sporadic placements of traps and frag mines. Throughout the building are a number of terminals with correspondence between one another. While most correspondence is business related, in one room the E-mails between each computer are humorous and sexual in nature. Part of the bottom floor contains an industrial area leading up to the top floor. The top floor contains the office of Anthony House, half-brother of Robert House.
Through the double-doors to the left of the entrance brings you to a hallway. The first room to the left is a kitchen containing a variation of loot. The door at the end of the hallway is protected by five frag mines in front of the door. There is also a rigged shotgun on the desk connected to a trip-wire on the other side of the door. If you detonate the mines, the trip wire will consequently be broken. Going to your right, you will encounter a crazed Mister Handy. The next two doors to the left are guarded by two Automated turret (Mark VI). The door to the right has a pressure based steel girder trap and leads to a flooded room.
Jack Maynard's office
Going forward from the entrance is a large metal room guarded by two robobrains, the ground flooded with irradiated water. Going up the metal steps on the second landing are four frag mines. Going all the way up will bring you to a metal catwalk. The room ahead has two frag mines at the doorway and contains a suspicious terminal that holds the Journal Entry 04/15/2077. The office to your left is Anthony House's old office guarded by a shotgun trap tied to a trip wire right inside the door. On top of his desk lies a Lucky 38 VIP keycard. The computer in this room gives you the ability to perform an executive override in the Lucky 38 penthouse after a hack. Down the hallway to the right leads to some offices with a terminal holding the Journal Entry 04/06/2058 and 12/27/2064.
Admin II, with Alan Dalton's office
- ¡La Fantoma! in the entrance room on the bookshelf to your left.
- Boxing Times on the reception desk in the entrance room.
- Lucky 38 VIP keycard on the desk of the office on the second floor guarded by 2 turrets
- H&H Tools Factory is mentioned in North Vegas square, where residents will comment on the large amount of traps in the building and how no scavenger has come out of it alive, but upon venturing into the building there are no bodies located inside. However, it is also mentioned by Crandon that they clean the bodies out because it starts to stink.
- The terminal inside Anthony House's office is actually named Anthony House's terminal but in the last journal entry it is signed Alexander House.
- While the company is named the H&H Tool Company the factory is named H&H Tools Factory with an extra "s"
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The "Lucky 38 Executive Override" option on the terminal in Anthony House's office was originally supposed to be part of The Moon Comes Over the Tower, but that section of the quest was apparently cut. See that quest's notes section for details.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
H&H Tools factory appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Several of the computers have messages between co-workers. There appears to have been quite the sordid set of affairs going on. Each of the members of the affair suggests an esoteric collection of items to be brought to the rendezvous to remember old times. These items are a reference to the sexual shenanigans of the Nazis in the British comedy "'Allo 'Allo".
- There is a reference to the card game Tragic the Garnering, from Fallout 2, in one of the human resources e-mails sent to employees. The e-mail states that employees found associating with Tragic players will be dismissed.
- A tragedy has befallen mankind
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collectors Edition p.305: "[2.06] H&H Tools Factory
Long before the war, H&H Tools Company provided Nevada and California high-quality robotics equipment. Owned by the half-brother of Robert Edwin House (the founder of RobCo, and—were it not for the 200 year gap—the same man who lives in the Lucky 38 Casino). When their father was killed in an accident, the elder brother swindled Robert out of the family fortune, and assumed control of the company.
Robert went on, through his dealings with RobCo and their lucrative contracts, to become one of the wealthiest men on earth. His half-brother meanwhile, became increasingly paranoid, seeking to guard himself against a vengeance that never came, and inflicting all manner of strange HR rules on his workforce. The remains of this factory still stand, surrounded by husk-like remains of North Vegas' industrial area."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- H&H Tools factory terminals; Terminal, E-Mail from Alan Dalton:
"From: Alan Dalton
To: Dobson O'Gill
Jenny said your brother might know something about these RobCo guys that are kicking our asses on the trading floor. You heard anything?
PS: The wife's away this weekend and Jenny's busy. Why don't you bring over the rubber sheets and the souvenir elephant-foot trash can and remind me what I've been missing? ;)"
- H&H Tools factory terminals; Terminal, E-Mail from Jenny DeSoto:
"From: Jenny DeSoto
To: Alan Dalton
Subject: RE: RobCo
Beats me, Alan. I tried to check their SEC filing information, but the whole company's like a maze. I can't even tell who's in charge. I e-mailed Dobson about it, his brother's a private investigator who does a lot of corporate stuff. Maybe he'll have an answer.
PS: Sorry, babe, I can't this weekend. My church choir is doing a musical theater retelling of the life of St. Columbia, and I have to work the Loch Ness Monster puppet."