In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Well, hello there! Welcome to... uh... welcome to Haley's Hardware! Where we have... hard... ware...”
Haley is a humble Point Lookout inhabitant who awoke one day inside the store he currently works in. He suffers from amnesia, but saw fit to continue to live in the store since most of it was already stocked. He changed his name to Haley after the shop and began trading. His customers kept coming in, so he decided to make trading his career.
The swampfolk don't bother him much due to him trading food with them and him being a native of the area, and as such, he often does business with them and smugglers, who supply him with an ample amount of ammunition, food, and weapons.
Haley sits in his shop all day selling goods to anyone that comes by.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: ammunition|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 100*|
*Only when using the glitch eventually his repair hits 100%.
- "Well, hello there! Welcome to... uh... welcome to Haley's Hardware! Where we have... hard... ware..."
- "[Can you repair some things for me?] Sure as a swamp folk's head is squishy."
- "[Can you repair some things for me?] I ain't met the gun I couldn't fix."
- "Good to see y'all alive, friend."
- "Welcome back to Haley's Hardware!"
- "Y'all here to buy something? Step right in!"
- "I also can do repairs, if'n you need it."
- "New people mean new business, so I'm always happy to see y'all."
- "We don't get a lot of new folks in here."
- "Always good to see a stranger."
Roving trader hat
.32 Hunting rifle
Drops on death
- It is implied in Strategy Guide description that, with Haley woke up with a "terrible headache", got lobotomized by Tobar possibly performing the Point Lookout Tribals right-of-passage.
- Haley's Hardware, Haley's repair skill increases by 5 points (3%) up to the maximum 100 points allowing vendor-repair-only items to be fully repaired. The increases in skill are permanent and are an inevitable consequence of frequent visits to his shop throughout the game, as each time the game reloads the cell he is located in (after reloading outside of it, travelling to another location away etc.), the skill bonus from his jumpsuit is applied permanently. With every successive "visit" to
- Haley's shop inventory updates only every four days and only in the morning around 8am (waiting a week or more without entering around 8am will not cause the shop to update). It will also not update unless you wait outside for those four days without entering his shop.
- Haley's inventory may or may not restock within a few months of game time (not counting the trip there on the boat).
- The Lone Wanderer: "So, how long have you had this store?"
Haley: "Oh, you're thinking... no, no. It's not a family thing. I took the name of the store when I found this place a couple years ago. Truth is, I don't even remember much before that. Woke up here with a headache a couple years ago with the shop already set up. People came in, and started trading. I didn't complain. It just became a job."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.75: "Haley
This gruff local wasn't born with the "look" of the Swampfolk, but he's tolerated because he's been here as long as he can remember, which is since he woke up inside his hard-ware store with a terrible headache."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Who are your usual customers?"
Haley: "The swamp folk, mostly. I guess they don't bother me none because I was born here. They mostly trade meat and fruit. Never any cash or goods. Them mercs are good for some trade in real hardware, so if'n you need ammo or anything like that, I can help you out."