HalluciGen, Incorporated (also known as HalluciGen, Inc. or simply HalluciGen) was a pre-War company which performed biochemical research and testing.
Founded in 2074, HalluciGen aspired to be the world leader in cutting-edge nonlethal technology for police and military use. However, despite hiring Mesmetron's lead designer from Implied Hypnotics, the company's success rate was low, with most of their products failing in testing. As such, the company was in dire financial straits by the third quarter of 2077, with a revenue of $1.1 billion dollars and a net operating loss of $1.8 billion dollars. The former Mesmetron researcher failed to meet expectations and after a string of catastrophic tests, he was sacked on October 18, 2077.
Like many other companies in America, HalluciGen used humans in their testing procedures, with frequent fatalities. In fact, the operating procedures stipulated sedating test subjects with spiked refreshments, with deliberately elaborate paperwork used to ensure absorption. To make things even more atrocious, in case of chemical spills, executives were given priority, escorted by clerical staff, while the decision to evacuate test subjects was left entirely up to the science staff, who could decide to simply leave the subjects behind, sealed in the test chambers.
It should come as no surprise that HalluciGen was contracted by Vault-Tec to devise a psychoactive compound that could be used to manipulate the mood of the Vault dwellers.
- HalluciGen Gas
- A riot control tool delivered by a Type-II fragmentation grenade. Testing on October 18, 2077, revealed that the gas achieved the opposite result, causing traumatic adrenal gland rupture in exposed subjects, resulting in hallucinations, erratic behavior, extreme aggression, and heart failure. No test subject survived exposure, making the gas a potent chemical weapon, but an ineffective riot control measure.
- Another riot control measure tested on October 18, 2077, the Dispersant test did not kill the subject. Instead, it triggered a panic and flight response when the subject saw his own child in the waiting room, leading to a police pursuit that apprehended him two days later. The subject had to be institutionalized. The failure of this test led to the Mesmetron researcher being fired.
- An invisibility device demonstrated to the United States Navy, Invisiwave was actually five mirrors, two hacked Stealth Boys, and a trap door. The test was a complete success, leading to inquiries from the Navy about shipboard installations and demand for 200 units from the Sales department.
- Intended to be a portable field decontaminator, the Irradicator turned out to be a two ton machine that managed to remove all biological and chemical contaminants... By applying 5100 roads to the test subjects, resulting in near instant body collapse. Reclassified as a lethal weapon, the Irradicator was potent enough to necessitate stripping the chamber and rebuilding it each time a test was performed.
- A pacification gas that managed to incapacitate the subject - permanently. The paralysis necessitated transfer to an external medical facility at Medford Memorial for monitoring and paliative treatment.
HalluciGen, Incorporated appears in Fallout 4 and its add-on Vault-Tec Workshop.
- ↑ Vault 88 chemical research
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Accounting Terminal, Third Quarter Financials, Draft 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Development Lab Terminal, 10/17 - Test Results: Suppressor
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Accounting Terminal, Third Quarter Financials, Draft 1
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Reception Terminal, Procedure: Test Subject Intake
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Reception Terminal, Procedure: Chemical Emergencies
- ↑ Vault 88 terminals; Vault 88 Overseer's Desk, R&D Lead Notes
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Research Terminal Lab Report: HalluciGen Gas
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Development Lab Terminal, 10/18 - Test Results: HalluciGen Gas
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Development Lab Terminal, 10/25 - Test Results: InvisiWave
- ↑ Hallucigen, Inc. terminals; Development Lab Terminal, 10/21 - Test Results: Irradicator
|Biotech & Medicine||Greenetech Genetics · Greenway Hydroponics · HalluciGen, Incorporated · Lee Rapid Pharmaceuticals · Livermore/Broansoun Laboratories · Med-Tek · West Tek|
|Business||Acme Realty · Burnside Bank & Loan · Cambridge Savings and Loan · Concord Savings and Loan · Friendly Lending Company · Happy Liberty Imports · Isla Negra Holdings|
|Computer & Software||Apricot · Banckom · Brainpower · Cyberbrain · Diamond, Inc. (Skeks Corporation, Computechtron) · Macrosoft · PagSoft LLC (PagMem LLC) · SoftLock Solutions, Inc. · Think Machine · Virtual Strategic Solutions, Inc.|
|Entertainment & Media||Big Daddy Billiards · Big Ranch Nevada State Lotto · BKM Recording Company · Boston Bugle · Broadway Cinema · Capitol Post · Cat's Paw · Don't Be Bored Games Company · El Periódico de las Aburridas · Fantastique Cinema · Galaxy News Network · Hubris Publishing (Hubris Comics, Hubris Software) · Imperial Records · OEI Motion Pictures · Planned Diversion Programming · Radiation King · Sanders Brothers · Vault-Tec Game Studios|
|Industrial manufacturing||Abraxodyne Chemical · Bumbalo's · Codac · Daisy Outdoor Products · DeepFreeze Kitchen Storage Corporation · Dunwich Borers LLC · H&H Tools, Inc. · LGJG · M&M Construction Incorporated · Radiation King · Red Racer · Schlocket Industries · Schoelt · Snap-Off · Stihl · Washo · Wilson Automatoys · Eckhart Unlimited|
|Refreshment||Bawls Guarana Corporation · Big Boss · Big Horn Saloon · BlamCo · Dandy Boy · Fancy Lads · Greasy Prospector · Grey Tortoise · Nuka-Cola Corporation · Olde Royale · Pyramid · Saddle Up · San Francisco Sunlights · Spring Valley · Sunset Sarsaparilla Company · Supa Yum! · T.V.G. · Vim! Pop Incorporated · YumYum|
|Retail||A Cuppa Joe · Blades · Buck's Steak House · Cornucopia Fresh Groceries · Dot's Diner · Fallon's Department Store · Freddy Fear's House of Scares · Joe's Spuckies · Mary May · Nifty Thrifty's · Pioneer Café · Red Rocket · Rita's Cafe · Slocum's Joe · Solitare · Super-Duper Mart · The Jerk|
|Technology & Robotics||Acme · Big MT · BosCom · Calpower · Cambridge Polymer Labs, LLC · General Atomics International · GDA Fusion (Verdant-Air Wind Power) · House Industries (RobCo Industries (REPCONN Aerospace)) · Lasergrafter · LightLife · Mass Fusion · National Electric · Nuka-Advantax · Poseidon Energy (Hermes Communications, Inc. · Petró-Chico, Poseidon Gasoline, Poseidon Oil, Prometheus Coal) · Pulowski Preservation Services · Rok-Solid Brand · Steam Whistle · Sure Power · The Bysshe Company · Universal Electric, Incorporated · Vault-Tec Industries (Future-Tec) · Versicorps · Wattz Electronics|