Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout 3 locations project
View from Moonbeam Outdoor Cinema
map over the hideaway
Background[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
This underground complex was originally a well-prepared shelter for a family of three - a husband, his wife Maggie, and their daughter Robin, established due to a mistrust of Vault-Tec. Fitted with air filtration, chemical toilets, an artesian well, and a fusion generator, it provided a long-stay option until radiation levels subsided. This could imply that the unnamed writer of the terminal entries is called Hamilton, and that this locale was his hideaway.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
The complex is also the site of a weapons cache to be used in "fighting the good fight." Three Dog's friend, under the alias "Copperhead", found a stash containing an abundance of ammunition that had been left inside the cavern by the military before the war. Following its discovery, Copperhead and his associates installed locks to keep the materiel from falling into the wrong hands.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Just north of Moonbeam Outdoor Cinema and southeast of Northwest Seneca Station, Hamilton's Hideaway is a network of tunnels that sprout from one single tunnel. Multiple catwalks lead over rock which leads into a hallway constructed of metal. The weapons cache for Caching in with Three Dog is located in the northwest corner of the hideaway, through a hole in the left wall.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
The cave itself is populated with variants of radscorpions, radroaches, two or three raiders, and sometimes a giant radscorpion near the raider hideout. Outside the cave random enemies may spawn, mostly mole rats and mirelurks, harder enemies may spawn at higher levels.
- Some of these enemies will be dead when the player finds them, because radscorpions and raiders will fight each other.
- Sometimes 1 or 3 dead wastelander bodies (that may have spawned alive) will appear.
- At higher levels with Broken Steel installed, an albino radscorpion may be encountered.
- When fast traveling here, on some occasions 3-4 yao guai will spawn.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Duck and Cover!, on the counter in the room with the raiders along with cherry bombs.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum, on the same surface as the Duck and Cover!.
In the weapons cache[edit | edit source]
- Guns and Bullets, on a footlocker.
- Mini nuke, on a shelf.
- Stealth Boy, on a shelf.
- Notable amounts of common ammunition, and some frag grenades.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Hamilton's Hideaway appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The raider's lair