The shack overlooks the valley with the highway leading north from Wolfhorn Ranch. It's not inhabited, but there are Vipers encamped near the highway and the sealed train tunnel, while deathclaws might spawn in the area from the local Dead Wind Cavern.
The shack itself has a campfire and a motorcycle placed outside. The interior consists of plenty of shelves and tables in the main room, together with a workbench and reloading bench. In the back is a small bedroom with more gear to loot. The combination of all three workstations and safe storage makes it a very good choice for housing or a crafting station, with the only drawback being the absence of a bed giving the Well Rested bonus (and potential for meeting deathclaws).
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap: On the table by the bed.
- Varmint rifle: Shelves in the bedroom. on the middle shelf in the back room.
- Ammunition box (3) on the floor of the back room.
- Scrap metal (5) scattered in the first room.
- Straight razor: Top of the locker in the bedroom.
- The ammo boxes can spawn a Stealth Boy,
Harper's shack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.