As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Hatchet (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For an overview of hatchets in the Fallout universe, see hatchet.|
It is a weighted hand-axe with a rubber-gripped metal handle, for chopping wood and limbs alike. Unlike throwing hatchets, these are not balanced for use as a projectile weapon. Hatchets deal an additional 50% limb damage.
It has a special 'Back Slash' attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 17 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
- Deathclaw Promontory - sometimes found on a corpse, alongside a set of unmarked T-51b power armor and Remnants power armor.
- Freeside thugs occasionally use them.
- Mojave Outpost barracks - occasionally sold by Lacey.
- Thorn - carried by Red Lucy.
- Vault 3 - carried by some Fiends.
- Vault 19 - the escaped convicts occasionally carry them.
- Hatchets are used widely by lobotomites in Big MT if the player is level 20-30.