|For more information about the city of Henderson, see Henderson, Nevada on Wikipedia.|
Henderson officially the City of Henderson, was a city in Clark County, Nevada. The city was part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area, which spans the entire Las Vegas Valley. Henderson occupies the southeastern end of the valley, at an elevation of approximately 1,330 feet (410 m).
Henderson appeared on the map of the United States in the 1940s, thanks to the Basic Magnesium Plant that supplied, at its peak, 25% of the nation's magnesium, essential for incendiary munitions, airplane frames, parts, and other purposes. In fact, a full quarter of Hoover Dam's power output was used to power the plant's machines responsible for manufacturing the metal. Although Henderson's future was uncertain after 1947, it was incorporated as a city in 1953, becoming a part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
It thrived well into the 21st century, becoming the seat of REPCONN Aerospace's headquarters, while Robert House elected to establish his private country club within Henderson's city limits, overlooking Lake Las Vegas. Many residential buildings were also built across Henderson. However, the Great War and the subsequent two centuries of abandonment took their toll on the city, with many buildings either torn down by scavengers or ruined beyond recognition by the elements. The REPCONN building in one of the few buildings reminding wastelanders that there was once a city here.
Henderson appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Real-life history.
- Appearance in Fallout: New Vegas.