The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
More kids looking to get us all killed. Now it's up to security to keep them in line.”— Herman Gomez, Fallout 3.
Officer Herman Gomez is a resident and officer of Vault Security of Vault 101 in Fallout 3..
Background[edit | edit source]
Officer Gomez is a classic good cop, with little patience for the Tunnel Snakes. As the father of Freddie Gomez, he tries to make sure his son doesn't have anything to do with the juvenile "gang," though finds it hard, as there aren't any other boys Freddie's age in Vault 101.
Unlike all the other security guards, Gomez believes that the Lone Wanderer's father is innocent, and suggests to James' child to leave the Vault in search of him. He is very understanding of the Lone Wanderer's situation and does not hassle them when escaping the vault.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Growing Up Fast: If a scuffle occurs between the Lone Wanderer and Butch DeLoria over the sweetroll, Officer Gomez will intervene.
- Escape!: Gomez will be helping Stanley and Andy fight radroaches. Provided you do not attack Gomez, he warns you that security is on the lookout for you. Gomez believes that James is innocent, and suggests you leave the Vault to find your father.
- Trouble on the Homefront: If he is still alive, Gomez will be the first Vault resident you run into. If you stay civilized with him, he can take you to either Amata or the current overseer. If Allen Mack attacks you while any guards are around, the guards will immediately come to his side to protect him. This includes Officer Gomez.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- If you attack anyone in Vault 101 during Trouble on the Homefront he'll become hostile.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Vault 101 security armor|
N99 10mm pistol
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When returning to the vault during Trouble on the Homefront, he will have an entirely different voice type.
- It's possible for Officer Gomez to be killed by Andy before you even have a chance to talk to him. If Gomez gets in the way of Andy's flamethrower while they are fighting the radroaches, he may be killed.
- Officer Gomez will become hostile if he witnesses the player fighting any other member of Vault Security (typically Officer Kendall). However, he will turn friendly again when combat ends if the player does not attack him.
- One of the destroyed homes in Springvale, closest to the elementary, has a letter in the mailbox from Vault-Tec addressing 'Mr & Mrs Gomez' that their family has been accepted into Vault 101. It seems the player is meant to assume these are the pre-War ancestors of Herman and Freddie. (NOTE: These can't be Pepper's ancestors as she took the last name Gomez after marrying Herman.)
- When leaving the vault after Trouble on the Homefront, he may be discovered dead.
- You won't lose karma if you kill him.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Herman Gomez appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Gomez, at the Lone Wanderer's 10th birthday party.
Gomez, the first person you meet during Trouble on the Homefront.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.88: "Officer Herman Gomez
The classic good cop, officer Gomez is Freddie's dad. He has no patience for the Tunnel Snakes and tries to make sure that Freddie doesn't have anything to do with them. This is hard, because there may not be any other boys Freddie's age in the Vault."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)