|For the Fallout: New Vegas armor, see NCR Ranger combat armor.|
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
HERMES Armor, (HERMES Project) developed by a division of Poseidon Energy working in conjunction with the Department of Defense, was intended to be the next generation of combat armor used by elite light infantry troops. In theory, it was to offer all of the protection of power armor without the cumbersome weight or strength enhancements.
HERMES Armor never moved out of the prototype phase because members of the American shadow government, the Enclave, tried to keep its development secret.
- Item type: advanced armor,
- Item complement: HERMES helmet,
- Item requirements:
- 180 mechanics
- 110 science
- 5 pieces of Advanced Polycarbon
- 14 pieces of Boron Carbide
- 20 pieces of Advanced Polythylene
- 124 hours (5 days, 4 hours).