Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The village is located inside a hangar
Higgs Village was where Big MT executives of the The Think Tank lived while they were still human. It is comprised of six houses designated with a number. These surround a large fountain. With the exception of the addition of the fountain and the lack of front gardens the houses, it looks very similar to Tranquility Lane in Fallout 3.
Immediately on the left is a Securitron Mk I lying on the ground with scrap parts strewn around it. Upstairs is another Securitron with additional scrap. Also upstairs outisde the far left room on the bottom of the old world scientific equipment is the Recipes - Repair skill book. Inside the room itself is the Audio Sample - Giant Tarantula, on top of a computer. On the roof there are two Med-Xs and one stimpak. The same portrait of Mr. House seen at the House Resort is in the kitchen with knives stabbed through Mr. House's head, groin, and heart. This house evidently belonged to Dr. 0, from the house number and the large number of broken robots strewn about, as well as the pseudo-homicidal display involving Robert House.
In the backyard on the left side of the building is a dead shrub with a Nuka-Cola Victory under it. Inside the house is a bar to the right as you walk in. Upstairs in the bathroom is a first aid box and two Mentats on the shelf to the left as you walk in. The bedroom next door with the functioning screen and computer desk you can find the Sink Project: Book Chute holodisk. On the shelf to the right as you walk in you can pick up the unique weapon, Dr. Klein's glove. In the final room to your right there is a box of Mentats on the left nightstand and Dr. Klein's scrubs on top of the wardrobe to your right. This house is obviously owned by Klein, because of his clothing.
On the rooftop there is a skeleton, 2 beers and an average locked footlocker with ammunition. The rooftop can be accessed by jumping onto it via the catwalks surrounding the hanger. Computer monitors and equipment litter this house. Recipes - Science skill book is located upstairs on the right as you enter the bedroom. There is an ice cold Nuka-Cola in the kitchen on the floor next to a pail. Behind the house is a wooden crate next to the picnic table and metal crates in the corner to your left with random loot inside. This house is presumed to have been owned by Mobius as he has a Mentat addiction and there is a large amount inside his bedroom. Another little hint on that this house was owned by Mobius are the two monitors to the left when you first enter the house; the left monitor is dirty and broken while the right one is fresh and new, not unlike Mobius' own eye monitors.
In the backyard is a rocket play set with a Nuka-Cola Quartz inside and the doghouse a dog named Gabe. With the Wild Wasteland trait, the Courier will encounter a mini deathclaw named Stripe. To the right, behind the house is a skeleton with two Mentats lying next to it.
Inside there is a multitude of empty birdcages. Upstairs in the bedroom on the floor is a knife stuck into a piece of paper with "Dad" written on it. On the perch in the green cage on the desk is a key for Borous' basement. Recipes - Medicine Skill Book can also be found on the desk. Heading downstairs towards the kitchen you come across the basement door with a hard lock on it.
The basement can be accessed by either by picking the lock or using the key. Upon entering there is a gruesome sight. It appears that Dr. Borous liked to dissect animals and stab things into the faces and bodies of teddy bears. Inside one of the locked cages is a teddy bear with butter knives stuck into it. On the shelf in the back there is a Ripper.
Upstairs, teddy bears sit in for spectators in a sexually charged, fashion-centric decorated room, complete with shattered mirrors, mannequins and cameras. The hallway is transformed into a runway stage with teddy bears as the audience. The bedroom displays a similar theme, with more standing mirrors, a canopy bed with four floor to ceiling poles and a variety of costumes.
In that hall, the Speech skill book holotape can be found on top of the radio. Behind the house are stairs to a catwalk with a duffle bag and containers to search. There is also a duffle bag on the roof wedged against the tree containing a number of chems and alcohol. Due to the apparent obsession with teddy bears and human anatomy, this house is likely to have belonged to Doctor Dala.
House # 108
The house has a noticeable pattern of '8'; there are is a display of eight coffee cups and dishes precisely lined up along with eight dishes and forks set up on the counter next to the mugs; there are eight radios in the bedroom; and there are eight clocks hanging on the walls. Upstairs in the bedroom to the left is the Sink Project: Jukebox holodisk on top of some paperwork on the desk. In the master bedroom is a hard locked suitcase under the bed and an Audio Sample - Opera Singer holodisk on the night stand.
Almost unique in all of the Mojave, you can hear what appears to be the sound of a pendulum clock ticking, suggesting this house might actually have a working clock, the other being inside the Goodsprings general store.
Outside on the right side of the house you will find xander root growing in a planter. On the opposite side broc flower can be found. There is also a wooden crate with a skeleton behind the house. This house belongs to Doctor 8, as he mentioned in a speech dialogue.
This is the center of Higgs Village. Initially, the fountain is inactive. It can be activated by starting the weather test inside X-17 Meteorological Station. There are several bottle caps thrown into the fountain as well as a super stimpak.
- A Nuka-Cola Victory near house #101 beneath a dead shrub.
- A Nuka-Cola Quartz in the rocketship next to Gabe's dog house.
- There are 6 xander roots and 6 broc flowers between houses #103 and 108#.
- An Audio Sample - Giant Tarantula in the upstairs leftmost room on top of a terminal.
- Recipes - Repair skill book - Upstairs in the corridor, Opposite the large monitor hidden in the lower section of a machine next to the doorway. (You may need to crouch to see it.)
- The Sink Project: Book Chute holotape on the computer desk upstairs.
- Dr. Klein's glove on the bottom of the shelf in the upstairs room with the computer.
- Dr. Klein's scrubs on top of the wardrobe on the right.
- Dr. Klein's Bar, scotch, wine, vodka and whiskey
- 17 boxes of Mentats on the top floor.
- Recipes - Science Skill Book to the right of the doorway into the bedroom on top of electrical equipment, near the hose.
- In the back yard there is a duffle bag with 4 missiles and a wooden crate next to a skeleton with 28 energy cells, a Leather belt and a stimpak(Contents of crate and duffel bag are random).
- An ice cold Nuka-Cola can be found in the kitchen near the entrance beside a bucket on the floor.
- Ripper in Borous' basement.
- Borous' Basement Key: In the Bedroom, in the birdcage.
- Recipes - Medicine Skill Book: Upstairs in a bedroom.
- In the backyard, Gabe's Bowl near the doghouse.
- Recipes - Speech Skill Book: top floor on the radio.
- Sink Project: Jukebox: Upstairs in the bedroom on top of some paperwork on the desk.
- Audio Sample - Opera Singer In the master bedroom, on the nightstand.
- Hard-locked suitcase with 20 pre-War money in it under the bed upstairs.
- There is a large hangar door that can't be accessed; the entrance is on the catwalk next to it.
- Jumping off the catwalks onto the roofs of the houses will usually result in some minimal loot being discovered.
- The Securitrons will disappear in House #00 upon entering it the second time.
- The X-17 meteorological station contains a small replica of the village.
- A scene in the Old World Blues trailer showed that a X-42 giant robo-scorpion may have originally been intended to be placed in the village, or possibly placed there as a red herring.
- It is sometimes possible to swim up the fountain after activating it at the X-17 meteorological station. It is also possible that you can swim away from the fountain and "float" above ground. However, you slowly float down and land.
- If the weather test is left on at the X-17 meteorological station, there will be water in the fountain, but it cannot be drunk.
- There are a large number of pre-War books and damaged books here, used to create blank books.
- There are a lot of coffee mugs inside the houses for Muggy to break down.
- The queen sized beds in houses # 101 and 103 give the Well Rested benefit, none of the other beds in Higgs village will.
Behind the scenes
- The name is derived from Higgs boson. The Higgs boson is a hypothetical massive elementary particle predicted to exist by the Standard Model of particle physics. It could also be named after theoretical physicist Peter Higgs, the origin of the particle's name.
- The fact that the Book Chute holodisk is located here in House #101 is a reference to the infamous room in the book Nineteen Eighty-Four. The book chute also makes a reference to 1984's "Room 101" upon activation.