Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|For the Fallout: New Vegas character, see The Lonesome Drifter.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Cast out from the Treeminders long ago, the drifter is forced to eke out an existence hunting mutated wildlife and stealing from hapless Wastelanders. The Yao Guai in the area caused him to pick the ruined Tabernacle chapel as a sniper nest, the height protecting him from the predators. The drifter spends his time in the ruins, dimly recalling the time spent with the Treeminders and Harold.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
The Drifter spends his days standing guard on the chapel's top floor attacking anything that gets close.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- The Drifter is located on the top floor of the chapel and will attack the player once they reach the building.
- He carries the unique Reservist's rifle, although it can only be looted from him if he or the rifle are knocked off his perch. there are several methods for looting, including stacking crates, jumping up, exploding body parts and looting through the gore, or knocking him down with a well placed grenade.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Oasis druid hood
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Drifter is one of the few named characters who wear eyepatches, the others being Split Jack, Junders Plunkett, Billy Creel, and Wernher.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Drifter appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Reservist's rifle from the Drifter and wait at least 73 hours, he will have a new one. This can be repeated an infinite amount of times, as long as you don't kill him. If you disarm the
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.70: "Drifter
The Drifter was cast out from the Treeminders long ago, and forced to eke out an existence hunting mutated wildlife and stealing from hapless Wastelanders. Due to the Yao Guai prowling the vicinity, the Drifter has wisely decided to snipe from the safety of a high spire, while he dimly remembers his time with Harold's friends."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.314: "1.08: DICKERSON TABERNACLE CHAPEL (LAT -19/LONG 19)
FREEFORM QUEST: HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER
Sitting on a blasted heath are the remains of a once-thriving Tabernacle Church, now a dilapidated shell that's home to a Drifter, standing on the old roof supports. Sneak in the back to ambush him; knock him off his perch to secure the items he's carrying. The Reservist's Rifle and Oasis Coordinates are of interest, especially the rifle for long-range Deathclaw take-downs. The Oasis Coordinates and the Druid's Hood indicate that the Drifter may once have been part of the Treeminders. Check the Oasis Coordinates (LAT -03/LONG 28), and search the area for the following items:"
(Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition Tour of the Capital Wasteland)