As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Let's see... what The Good Doctor has in his magic bag, shall we?”— Doc Hoff, Fallout 3.
Sarcastic and pessimistic about humanity's survival, he sells food, medical supplies, and drugs, and may also repair your gear. Doc Hoff is convinced he's helping to ease humanity's suffering in its dying years, for a price.
Doc Hoff appears outside of frequent stops every time you fast travel to that location, go through a loading screen to that location, or wait at the site for a couple of hours. A good way to find him is to fast travel to Rivet City and go down the metal stairs. If he isn't there, wait for one or two hours so a merchant spawns. If the merchant isn't Doc Hoff, wait for one or two hours again. Repeat until you get him to spawn.
|Related non-player characters||RefID||BaseID|
|Doc Hoff's Caravan Guard||00052bbf||00069c49|
|Doc Hoff's pack brahmin||0002d59a||00027ded|
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 483-1197*|
Sells: drugs, Schematics - Nuka grenade
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 79*|
|This character is involved in quests.|
* After second investment.
- Merchant Empire: After talking to Ernest Roe about caravan merchant investment, his repair skill jumps to 65 (allowing him to repair items to a max of 79%). His inventory (and the number of available caps) also improves, and after the second investment, he rewards you with 5-7 stimpaks, depending on your level.
|10mm submachine gun|
|Schematics - Nuka grenade|
Drops on death
- Doc Hoff sells one of the Nuka-grenade schemtics in the game.
- Doc Hoff is one of the merchants who sell refined punga fruit and wild punga fruit after the Point Lookout add-on is installed.
- Agatha's broadcast occasionally thanks Doc Hoff for "keeping an old lady alive and well".
- "Here to see the good doctor? Excellent."
- "Tell me what you need, and maybe I've got your fix."
Doc Hoff only appears in Fallout 3.
- Doc Hoff can appear at the Jefferson Memorial during the time of the quest "Take It Back". He is almost always instantly killed by Liberty Prime, and his body can be very difficult to find with all the dead Enclave soldiers. Fortunately, his corpse will take more time to disappear, making him easier to locate if you wait about five to seven days after you finish the mission.
- When starting a new game, it is possible that Doc Hoff will spawn without his pack brahmin and caravan guard.
- Sometimes Doc Hoff and his guard will be separated from his pack brahmin and make rounds separately. One way to fix this is by finding the separated brahmin and using two console commands to move Doc and his guard to your position near the brahmin: moveto.player 63c06 (and) moveto.player 522bc1
Doc Hoff in front of Megaton.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.69: "Doc Hoff
Hoff is a cynic who makes bleak comments about humanity's chances of survival. Meanwhile, he knows that no buyer will stop purchasing from him, because they either need the medicine or are addicted to the chemicals. He likes to think that, in his own way, he's helping to ease humanity's suffering in its dying years."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)